Notices

Thread: Gunterpot

1. Gunterpot 
    Diamond Member
    Just wanted to say thanks for your time this morning! Was great to finally understand torque curves, power bands and BHP!!! At least I think I'm starting to understand it all ;D

2. Re: Gunterpot 
    Platinum Member
    So Uncle Roger fixed it? What was the issue with the chain?

3. Re: Gunterpot 
    Diamond Member
    There wasn't really in the end, I'd managed to sort it myself but he checked it all for me. Re-aligned wheel which was a tiny bit out as I'd used the swingarm marks but he did give me lots of great advice about lots of stuff

4. Re: Gunterpot 
    Platinum Member
    Quite often the swingarm marks are stamped into the metal before the parts of the swingarm are welded together, especially on older bikes, so they are at best a very vague guide to start your alignment adjustment from.

I've no idea why bike makers think this is an acceptable way to do things.
    www.shinybikesyndrome.co.uk - Protection through innovation

5. Re: Gunterpot 
    Quote Originally Posted by Squashed_Fly
    Just wanted to say thanks for your time this morning! Was great to finally understand torque curves, power bands and BHP!!! At least I think I'm starting to understand it all ;D
    ... so you'll be able to play spec sheet Top Trumps in the pub with confidence now? :-? :-? :-?
    ;D ;D ;D
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

6. Re: Gunterpot 
    Diamond Member
    Erm..... maybe? I've still much to learn, but luckily, I love learning. I just have to try to remember sometimes that I don't already know it all and listen to the advice of respected peers (ie I WONT be dropping a tooth on the front!) lol

7. Re: Gunterpot 
    Quote Originally Posted by Nooj
    Quite often the swingarm marks are stamped into the metal before the parts of the swingarm are welded together, especially on older bikes, so they are at best a very vague guide to start your alignment adjustment from.

I've no idea why bike makers think this is an acceptable way to do things.
    Is near enough for most applications. plus they have to mass produce these things!
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"