Notices

Thread: Helmet suggestions?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. Helmet suggestions? 
    Hey,
    I'm looking for decent quality full-face helmet (in black) for around £100 and would like some suggestions if any can offer the help. I currently use a motorcross helmet on my bike but have become increasingly fed up with the wind,rain and cold combined so have decided to switch over to a full-face helmet.

I have looked at the Caberg V2 407 in Matt Black which is around £90 and would like peoples opinions if they have had any experience with this helmet.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

2. Re: Helmet suggestions? 
    Platinum Member
    Hi there

I found the Caberg was a little bit windy - it seemed to be quite noisy in my opinion. Get yourself down to GW...they have quite a few in their discount section which might be in your budget. Try them on, see how they feel. We all have different heads, so what might be nice for one person might be horrid for another. There is a theory that you either have a 'Shoei' shaped or 'Arai' shaped head - however personally I find both fit ok just fine. Go try some on [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

3. Re: Helmet suggestions? 
    There are some reasonable HJC helmets in your price range at GW. I personally like the Cabergs although I have a flip and always wear ear plugs anyway so wind not too much of a problem

4. Re: Helmet suggestions? 
    Platinum Member
    I have a caberg v2 as a spare, it's a he'll of a lot quieter than my Arai Viper gt. I also like the twin visor, great idea.

5. Re: Helmet suggestions? 
    wot size head are u ?
    There are 2 new posts since your last visit. (You have read 3 of these posts.)

6. Re: Helmet suggestions? 
    So there are mixed opinions on the Caberg I see..

I'm assuming GW is George Whites? If that's the case I suggested that idea to my mother who said she wont do swindon because she's never drove round it before but would take me to Fowlers if I wanted, are Fowlers a good idea for my pricerange or no?

@Jack
    I'll see about getting a measurement this evening after college.

7. Re: Helmet suggestions? 
    Have a try, everyone's bonce is different. I have always found Shoei and Roof hat's very good. Keep your eve out for special offers...
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

8. Re: Helmet suggestions? 
    Callum this topic has been covered a few times. Your lid is the most personal piece of bike gear you will buy. Nobodies head is the same shape and therefore everyone is suited to a different style lid. If you spend a lot of time on the bike in turn you're going to spend a lot of time inside your helmet so it must be comfortable , fit right and give you what you want from a helmet.

Honestly try loads on before you buy and this piece of kit above any other will save your life as it protects your swede! GW's have loads of different brands on offer, personally I don't get on with Shark lids as the chin bar comes up short on my longer face so prefer Arai's always have just a shame they're so bloody expensive

Lis'

9. Re: Helmet suggestions? 
    Alright thanks Blade, I know this is probably a common topic on majority of bike forums so I apologise for that.

However, I did have the Caberg in mind only I could figure out the comfortability, shape, feel, fit etc of the helmet by trying it on however to know how well it performs on the road (noise etc) I'd have to purchase it first so I was also looking to see if anyone had experience with the helmet before I went ahead or if others had different suggestions.

Many thanks!

10. Re: Helmet suggestions? 
    Platinum Member
    I have had both Caberg and HJC which I found very good but the internal dark visor on the Caberg is a bonus. It does depend on fit though and suggest you try on a few different makes for comparison