Notices

Thread: Very funny - cat and fiddle speed camera

1. Very funny - cat and fiddle speed camera 
    An ongoing attempt to ruin one of the most fantastic biking roads I've ridden in the UK has hit a few problems.

In the age of austerity this particular representative (;D) council spends £800k of its constituents' money, pisses everyone off (bike and car drivers alike) and then manages to utterly arse up the implementation. Brilliant.

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereven...a_single_biker

On the same topic, I had an interesting chat with a Bristol plod the other day. The statistics are starting to come out now on traffic incidents and deaths at former traffic camera sites (e.g. Wilts). Apparently they are not good for the "road safety lobby" as they show a decrease in incidents in almost all areas and a decrease overall - presumably because people are concentrating on driving safely than fixating on a speedo dial a foot or two below where they should be looking. If that's true it will be interesting to see if they release the findings.

2. Re: Very funny - cat and fiddle speed camera 
    Just goes to show that the original decision was a knee jerk reaction. A complete lack of planning again by local authorities who think they know best! >
    "the empty can rattles the most!"

https://www.facebook.com/neil.hudd

3. Re: Very funny - cat and fiddle speed camera 
    That money could be better spent repairing the roads I think, AND compensating people whose bike wheels have been damaged by poor road surfaces (like on the B4192 Aldbourne Road for instance > > >)
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

4. Re: Very funny - cat and fiddle speed camera 
    Typical incompetence :

I've only done the Cat & Fiddle road once, but I was seriously tempted to turn around and do it again! Fantastic scenery and lovely sweeping bends. I hope we'll be visiting it again on the Peaks & Lakes trip at the end of May. ;D

5. Re: Very funny - cat and fiddle speed camera 
    They could have given me that money and i could have put it to better use! on a fast bike that i could break the speed limit with ofcourse.....

6. Re: Very funny - cat and fiddle speed camera 
    The whole C&F thing has been a complete farce from day one, and not they have the system activated at last at stupid cost the whole thing is going to turned off because the road safety partnership who runs it is about to be dissolved. Couldn't make it up!