Notices

Thread: Insurance Renewal Toss'rs!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Insurance Renewal Toss'rs!!! 
    Platinum Member
    They never cease to amaze me! > I insured my bikes with Carole Nash last year and they gave me a great deal. I had my renewal through today and considering Ive had no claims or convictions since last year it went up by £160!!!!!!!!!! Thats nearly double!! I obviously looked online and Bennets quoted me for exactly the same level of cover as I was getting from CN for last years price. The excess is also cheaper by £50! I have just called CN and told them and he put me on hold (like they do) before coming back to me and saying they could match it!!! W#nkers! He then said "so shall I renew it for you sir?" I wont tell you my reply!!!

Anyway, rant over, as you were ;D

2. Re: Insurance Renewal Toss'rs!!! 
    HAd the same thing with the car this year fella. I was told mine was going up due to the amount of claims that had been made this year. "NOT BY ME MATEY" i retorted.
    Apparently their all trying to recoup the cash lost by fraudulent and conpensation claims!
    Meanwhile, i'm a year older, cars a year older and i pay more. Cheers then! >
    "the empty can rattles the most!"

https://www.facebook.com/neil.hudd

3. Re: Insurance Renewal Toss'rs!!! 
    My insurance went down this year (as it bloody should) then I noticed the excess had tripled. It almost puts you off crashing. ;D

4. Re: Insurance Renewal Toss'rs!!! 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nellybambam
    HAd the same thing with the car this year fella. I was told mine was going up due to the amount of claims that had been made this year. "NOT BY ME MATEY" i retorted.
    Apparently their all trying to recoup the cash lost by fraudulent and conpensation claims!
    Meanwhile, i'm a year older, cars a year older and i pay more. Cheers then! >
    Its unreal Nelly daylight Robbery!

5. Re: Insurance Renewal Toss'rs!!! 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dan_geoghegan
    My insurance went down this year (as it bloody should) then I noticed the excess had tripled. It almost puts you off crashing. ;D
    ;D

6. Re: Insurance Renewal Toss'rs!!! 
    Diamond Member
    They (insurance companies) chance their hand knowing that a significant number of road users won't shop around and will accept the first quote offered. Greed just simple greed in my view. How can they knock off £160 in the same day? >

7. Re: Insurance Renewal Toss'rs!!! 
    apart from when i had my little accident and had to change my car my insurance has gone down every year :P

8. Re: Insurance Renewal Toss'rs!!! 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by monday21
    They (insurance companies) chance their hand knowing that a significant number of road users won't shop around and will accept the first quote offered. Greed just simple greed in my view. How can they knock off £160 in the same day? >
    It is greed Ken and thats why i didnt renew, its just the principle! >

9. Re: Insurance Renewal Toss'rs!!! 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazel-nut
    apart from when i had my little accident and had to change my car my insurance has gone down every year :P
    And you're only a young un! ;D

This is what they are talking about in the news today. Females premiums are a lot cheaper most of the time!

10. Re: Insurance Renewal Toss'rs!!! 
    Just been reading the BBC news and the european courts (oh dear) have decided that it is sexist to do this, so women will now have to pay more and be on par with the guys premiums. This will especially hit ladies under 25 years old.

Right. That's upset a few of you then....
    Back to work
    "the empty can rattles the most!"

https://www.facebook.com/neil.hudd