Notices

Thread: Winter Repairs on the 9

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Winter Repairs on the 9 
    As its winter I thought I'd stick the bike in the garage and get to work on the list of jobs I've needed to do as well as the jobs handed to me after my last MOT:

So I have a list of jobs:

Replace Smashed indicator (done while removing the bike cover)
    Fit new front tyre
    Replace fork oil
    Fit new horn
    Touch-up paint work
    Replace head bearings

Started all this by putting the bike up on an engine hoist (upside down front forks so have to lift whole bike to top up oil in them) and that was back in November

So far I have:

Fitted a new horn
    Replaced indicator

Well that took me 3 months due to laziness and a cold garage... Think I am gonna really have to get on with these jobs as I really wanna get out on the bike

2. Re: Winter Repairs on the 9 
    Diamond Member
    Go for it buddy. Put some Clash on to get you motivated. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

3. Re: Winter Repairs on the 9 
    Went home last night with every intension of getting some more work done, but once I'd had my dinner and a few beers I ended up watching tv on the sofa :-[

4. Re: Winter Repairs on the 9 
    could be a long job...
    "the empty can rattles the most!"

https://www.facebook.com/neil.hudd

5. Re: Winter Repairs on the 9 
    Platinum Member
    What 9 have you got McIcy? Got to do my head bearings soon, i've bought them, but i'll probably end up putting it in the shop, the top race looks easy enough, but the bottom looks a bind to get out.

6. Re: Winter Repairs on the 9 
    Quote Originally Posted by monday21
    Go for it buddy. Put some Clash on to get you motivated. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    Hear hear..... get to it!!! :P
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

7. Re: Winter Repairs on the 9 
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch9128
    What 9 have you got McIcy? Got to do my head bearings soon, i've bought them, but i'll probably end up putting it in the shop, the top race looks easy enough, but the bottom looks a bind to get out.
    Bottom race is straightforward enough to remove from the headstock, there'll be a couple of cut-outs in the seat for the race for you to get a drift behind it and just tap it out - simples! The top will be the same, only you have to drift it from beneath. 8-)
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

8. Re: Winter Repairs on the 9 
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch9128
    ZX9R C2 - have to take mine to my dads work as the threads look stripped so need one of the mechanics to work some magic on them

9. Re: Winter Repairs on the 9 
    Dad's are handy

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

10. Re: Winter Repairs on the 9 
    Diamond Member
    not saying this is an accepted method, or that it will be good for yours....
    i have done head race bearings, lifting the front off the floor, by a trolley jack on the collector in the downpipes under the enngine (shock! horror!) or by the trolley jack on the sump......

it was my own bike tho and i was prepared for the damage it might have caused.....

whole front end can come out then, eeeeeasy :-)

up to you tho if you want to take that chance....