Notices

Thread: I think we should start naming and shaming

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. I think we should start naming and shaming 
    This is selfish purely as it makes me feel better but yesterday I swear I could have poured petrol on a mans car and lit it with him in it. I haven't been riding long I mean its only months but I have already lost count of people pulling out on me.am I being crazy or does every one in a car now hate me lol.

2. Re: I think we should start naming and shaming 
    Unfortunately something that happens a lot these days Mike.
    People seem to be in too much of a rush to be able to stop and look properly when out in the cage.
    Keep you eyes peeled fella. I ride assuming that everyone around me is a complete clot, until they prove me otherwise. Works for me anyway..

And i sort of agree. Have been tempted to warn about morons before now. Not sure the legality of posting reg numbers though... :-?
    "the empty can rattles the most!"

https://www.facebook.com/neil.hudd

3. Re: I think we should start naming and shaming 
    Assume every f**ker in a car wants to kill you and you'll not be far wrong.

Make sure you are easy to see and have your eyes peeled for danger. Don't be in a hurry yourself....
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

4. Re: I think we should start naming and shaming 
    Diamond Member
    sometimes you dont even see them...(3 weeks in a hospital, 5 broken bones, 3 puncture wounds, 6 operations (7th pending) and 6 pints of blood, and learning to walk on a dodgy leg again)....

my angel was with me that day, but theres no guarantees......

take care peeps, but dont let it spoil your biking... :-)

5. Re: I think we should start naming and shaming 
    Diamond Member
    What's the use inposting reg's anyway? You won't have enough time to read it and remember if they're an idiot, by the time they do something stupid.

Inevitably, if they pull out in front of you, you probably won't even see the plate before you're lying on the ground next to it...

Ride sensibly - if you are passing a junction, come accross to the opposite side of the lane to maximise your chances. On dual carriageways, pull into the fast lane when going past exits. You can never guarantee safety, but the times I've seen bikers doing 50/60 down thamesdown drive, in the same lane that any cars would be pulling into, never ceases to amaze me. I find myself thinking on their behalf 'if a car pulls out now, you stand no chance of being able to swerve round it!'

Ride defensively and evasively (and I don't mean from the police Mitch!) ;D ;D ;D

6. Re: I think we should start naming and shaming 
    Platinum Member
    I don't get a lot of people pulling out on me.
    I don't know whether that's anything to do with my Hi-Viz that I wear all the time.

I also have a helmet camera which would come in really handy if I have an accident or witness one.
    However I must admit I don't wear the camera 100% of the time and I need to take it more often.

7. Re: I think we should start naming and shaming 
    Diamond Member
    Same old story "SMIDSY"

Ride thinking every other vehicle can't or hasn't seen you.

8. Re: I think we should start naming and shaming 
    Platinum Member
    I had this happen 3 times today, before i even got to the M4! Luckily my spidey sense kicked in and disaster was averted, i hardly ever go spaz these days, just give them a killer stare from behind my black visor and ride off shaking my head.

9. Re: I think we should start naming and shaming 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducatista

I also have a helmet camera which would come in really handy if I have an accident or witness one.
    However I must admit I don't wear the camera 100% of the time and I need to take it more often.
    Yep - I have a camera too - only taken it out a couple of times. People do seem to be a bit more cautious around you when they see it......well worth having!

10. Re: I think we should start naming and shaming 
    And its not just the ones pulling out. I had a guy run into the back of me last September when I stopped in the road to let a car out :-X That was the end of that bike.
    Older.. Wiser.....My Arse.