Notices

Thread: VFR FOR A YZF THUNDERCAT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. VFR FOR A YZF THUNDERCAT 
    Hi guys just wanted your thoughts on the yamaha yzf600 thundercat as im thinkin of getting one to replace my little vfr400 nc30

2. Re: VFR FOR A YZF THUNDERCAT 
    Thundercats are a good 600 for the money and a good move up from the NC30. It will feel a bit heavier and much bigger but nothing to worry about. The only problem with the 'cat is there can be a problem with second gear resulting in it jumping out of gear. This is often caused by cack handed wheelies so check this out with the owner or on the test ride.

3. Re: VFR FOR A YZF THUNDERCAT 
    Great bikes, same engine as the old Fazer. Very under rated, hence cheap. Not an out and out sports bike, more of a sports tourer in the CBR600 mould.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

4. Re: VFR FOR A YZF THUNDERCAT 
    Diamond Member
    'Cat is a good bike, the engines are the last version of the FZR600 motor and have been well refined, they make smooth power, and actually have some mid range (missing in most 600's)....
    parts are cheap, and theyre pretty easy to work on.

good bikes, id have one...

Jd :-)

5. Re: VFR FOR A YZF THUNDERCAT 
    there's a nice one for sale in george whites at the mo
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

6. Re: VFR FOR A YZF THUNDERCAT 
    Thundercats are brilliant. My first big bike. Reliable, very very comfortable, and still fast enough to keep up with the other 600s in general. And there is a very nice blue one in gw now.
    Theres a photo of my old baby

7. Re: VFR FOR A YZF THUNDERCAT 
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrel_hunter
    Thundercats are a good 600 for the money and a good move up from the NC30. It will feel a bit heavier and much bigger but nothing to worry about. The only problem with the 'cat is there can be a problem with second gear resulting in it jumping out of gear. This is often caused by cack handed wheelies so check this out with the owner or on the test ride.

This can be true, I LOVED mine, infact I still love mine, shame it's in bits in the garage. It is a heavy bike but fells well planted when riding and despite what people say it will keep up with the R6's and such of similar era, just maybe not in a straight line. It's all about the nut that connects the handlebars to the seat.

It's a REALLY comfy bike and you can do miles on it without getting fatigued. Only think to let it down is the so-so suspension. The suspension up front and at back is fully adjustable but for £90 you can change the springs in the fron and put some 15w fork oil in, and for the rear you're better off getting an aftermarket shock or looking around and getting one from a different bike fitted (bit of work involved).

But before you do any of that to the suspension, try getting it set up right first, much cheaper than doing all that changing and can make a world of difference to the ride

8. Re: VFR FOR A YZF THUNDERCAT 
    There is a Blue Thundercat for sale £3250 low mileage in Devizes at Richard Stevens Yamaha dealer it was mine,he's had it since 2005,PM me and i'll send you my tel number so i can tell you about the bike.
    There rock solid bikes never let me down that one,only grip i got against them was the headlight is crap its not so much the brightness but the spread of the beam from the lens pattern,and need fuel additve in the winter to stop carb icing problem.
    The reason he has it is because i part exchanged it for a new YamahaTT600re Enduro

9. Re: VFR FOR A YZF THUNDERCAT 
    you can change the light situation!
    ebay will sell you a HiD kit maybe around 40 squid and you will be able to see as far as the moon. i had one on my old bike!

10. Re: VFR FOR A YZF THUNDERCAT 
    and what are you doing with your vfr! info please