Notices

Thread: Bad overtaking...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Bad overtaking... 
    I've got to get it off my chest. It was seeing a Ducati giving it everything from Yarnbrook to Westbury today, that has spawned my latest gripe. Why do certain bikers insist on overtaking when there's on-coming traffic? The gap may be big enough, but should the on-coming vehicle deviate it's line, or the overtakee deviate their line, the afformentioned super hero on his Duc is brown bread. It's not clever. It doesn't impress anyone except the pr*ck who's doing it. It shows no planning, or consideration. It's a brain-out manouevre. If you've misjudged an overtake, that gap is the last resort. And most of the time, waiting for a couple of seconds would be enough to give you a safe opportunity. Sunny day heroes piss me off... >
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    www.ablemotorcycletraining.co.uk
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

2. Re: Bad overtaking... 
    AGREED!

3. Re: Bad overtaking... 
    Diamond Member
    What really p****s me of Mark is that you can imagine the thoughts of those motorists who have been forced to take evasive action in order to avoid the biker in question. "All bikes should be banned" perhaps. >

Just a thought, but perhaps we at Wiltshire Bikers could do more to promote the positive side of biking to redress the balance. The sterling work of The Serv bikers spring to mind.

4. Re: Bad overtaking... 
    Platinum Member
    Agree, last year I was overtaken by a blue sv ,I was doin about 60 and he pissed past so fast he couldn't pull the bike back in our lane causing the on coming van to curb, the look on the drivers face said it all ,I'm sure it left some stains in his undies

5. Re: Bad overtaking... 
    Yep, I totally agree Ken.

This time of year, it's always the same. They haven't ridden their bike for the last 5 months, they polish it, fill up with juice, then ride like twats. And it always ends up with someone stuffing it, leaving their loved one's grieving, and everyone else saying 'bikes should be banned'. I hope it doesn't happen, but looking at the evidence, it's just a matter of time...
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    www.ablemotorcycletraining.co.uk
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

6. Re: Bad overtaking... 
    Agreed, saw a lot of this over the weekend and every time I found myself spewing abuse at the idiot riders

7. Re: Bad overtaking... 
    i have to admit i do ride like a twat sometimes! but a safe twat normaly!

8. Re: Bad overtaking... 
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias5571
    Is that really the sort of admission that you want to make on a public forum, open to viewing by anyone, from the police, to the pissed-off resident from down the road who's been carved up by someone riding like a twat, to a representative from the local "Road Safety Partnership" who's going to make the most of the time he has left before funding cuts to make anyone's life a misery...?
    Grow up, don't be a muppet FFS! > With such a confession, do you think you'll be welcomed along at a ride-out? :
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

9. Re: Bad overtaking... 
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias5571
    No such thing as a safe t**t. You either ride like a t**t or you don't.

10. Re: Bad overtaking... 
    Woah woah woah! I'm pretty sure Tobias was being a bit tongue-in-cheek with that last comment. We've all ridden with people who ride with......lets call it enthusiasm.
    I've ridden with people from this very forum who think nothing of launching the front wheel skywards at any opportunity and doubling the speed limit. I personally don't have a problem with it but I've heard other riders complain about being "cut up" or having someone "riding too close" It's just that they're not used to seeing bikes ridden in that way.

One mans hero is another mans tosser.