Went out for a ride on the Falco today. Slightly over six months since the last one what with one thing and another. Bit different now though, Renthal bars instead of clip-ons, 54mm throttle bodies (bored out from 51mm) and a different map for the PCIII.

The bars are very comfy, very impressed with them. Bit more breezy now I'm sat up in the wind, but time inevitable spent fartling through town and stuck behind pensioners on double white lined twisties was infinitely more manageable for being sat upright.

Not entirely sure how different the overall performance is as I can't really remember what it felt like last time I rode it. I do know it feels smoother, and pulls cleanly from lower revs than it used to. Didn't get up to the really fun section of the rev-o-meter as it was just a run to make sure everything was firmly attached and working correctly. Will give it a more spirited test when I've got back into the riding groove again. After being limited to 60mph flat out (and taking minutes rather than seconds to get there) in my ****ty old van even the first third of the Falco's performance feels mind bendingly fast.

Felt good to finally be back on two wheels though!
On the down side... £23.80 to fill up!!!!! I could do that for £12 when I got it six years ago