Notices

Thread: Bad riding...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Bad riding... 
    Followed someone on a YZFR125 into work today, doing silly speeds whilst filtering past a massive line of traffic from Westbury to Yarnbrook. It wasn't helped much by the guy behind on a red VFR pushing him along. At one point the 125 over-took another bike who was filtering quite sensibly. 125 rider needs to slow down, and VFR rider needs to realise if he's encouraging a bad rider by sitting up his chuff. I didn't much like my normal 'enjoy the queue, suckers' filtering to work... >
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    www.ablemotorcycletraining.co.uk
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

2. Re: Bad riding... 
    Platinum Member
    Was it a blue/white 125 per chance mark ?

As I may have seen said idiot doing stupid speed down Frome road the other day whilst trying to avoid him not hitting me head on in the car

3. Re: Bad riding... 
    Platinum Member
    Unfortunately not all tossers are in cars, some are on bikes as well, giving us all a bad name >
    www.shinybikesyndrome.co.uk - Protection through innovation

4. Re: Bad riding... 
    They were out in force yesterday. Had two in the centre of Bath, one on a Triumph and the other on a Ducatti.

Bear in mind this is on London road (A4) in Central Bath and in Rush hour speed limit 30. Filtered through the traffic, got up behind the Triumph. Goes off the lights like a scalded cat, up and over 50mph..... To55er! Next thing I'm passed like I'm standing still by a Duc going even faster!!!

More fresh meat for the medicos to pick over methinks!

The best bit was though, that I caught them up waiting at the next set of traffic lights.... so it got them nowhere!!!
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

5. Re: Bad riding... 
    i have to admit, i often ride like the forementioned "tosser" in the summer. lol ;D ;D ;D

6. Re: Bad riding... 
    Platinum Member
    Is this the bitch about getting pwned thread?

7. Re: Bad riding... 
    Platinum Member
    I still don't know what pwned means. Bloody young people and their text language! ;D
    www.shinybikesyndrome.co.uk - Protection through innovation

8. Re: Bad riding... 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nooj
    I still don't know what pwned means. Bloody young people and their text language! ;D

You're in your 60's right? You'd have to be, to call me young :-*

9. Re: Bad riding... 
    Diamond Member
    Reminds me of the good ole days on the Supra Forum.
    It used to have a section titled "Owned" where you could pop your latest exploits against the local M5 or Porka.

They then changed it briefly to "Pwned" I'm not sure why, but then they got all PC and changed it to "The spirited driving chronicles" ;D
    Same loonies posted in it though

G

10. Re: Bad riding... 
    I think it comes from speed typing on forums. People would hit P instead of O and you'd end up with pwned. You see the same thing with "retart" or "retarted". Started off as an error but has now made it as a mainstream insult.