Notices

Thread: Heated glove recommendations

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Heated glove recommendations 
    Platinum Member
    I am thinking of buying some heated gloves and I'm lokoing at these.

http://www.infinitymotorcycles.com/p...ted-gloves/551

Does anyone have any comments or recommendations?
    I believe these will hook into my optimate cable (my battery in under the tank and takes a few hours to get to so that's important).

2. Re: Heated glove recommendations 
    Platinum Member
    They were doing some in the honda shop so assume they were Rukka but they were highly rated - sorry I don't know costs etc

3. Re: Heated glove recommendations 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducatista
    I am thinking of buying some heated gloves and I'm lokoing at these.

http://www.infinitymotorcycles.com/p...ted-gloves/551

Does anyone have any comments or recommendations?
    I believe these will hook into my optimate cable (my battery in under the tank and takes a few hours to get to so that's important).
    I don't know about those Lisa but they pull 1.2amps so as well as needing a correct cable connector for your lead they need an inline fuse of the correct rating. I use Powerlet heated gear which is very similar to Gerbing. Does your Duke have an accessory socket as thats another option for power?

4. Re: Heated glove recommendations 
    Platinum Member
    No such luck.
    The battery is difficult to get to, so the good dealers fit an optimate cable for you.

A couple of people on the monster owners forum use the stormshield gloves frm the optimate.

5. Re: Heated glove recommendations 
    Diamond Member
    If it was me I would take the hit, get to the battery and fit a fused accessory socket. Then you have loads of options. Then your beautiful Duke would need some panniers to carry around all the gear around with you that will never be needed. ;D

6. Re: Heated glove recommendations 
    Platinum Member
    I've got Klan gloves. Had them 2 winters now and great
    Also wear Klan heated waistcoat at same time.
    Never had problem with both running straight from battery with individual fuses.

7. Re: Heated glove recommendations 
    Hi Lisa,

The optimate lead is simply a direct connection to the battery and depending on which lead they fitted may already be fused. Providing it's a genuine Optimate lead it will handle the 1.2 Amps without issue. You can plug directly into it, but as Graham said, better be safe than sorry and make sure either the Optimate lead already has an in line fuse or fit one in the lead to the gloves.

However... I personally think heated grips are a much better option. Then you have the flexibility to switch gloves should a pair get wet or something.

Regards,

8. Re: Heated glove recommendations 
    Platinum Member
    Heated gloves/heated grips, both treat the symptoms and not the cause. Get a heated vest and keep your core temp up, no need for gloves or grips, leaving you free to ride with non bulky gloves or grips.

9. Re: Heated glove recommendations 
    Platinum Member
    I personally think heated grips are a much better option
    I already have heated grips.
    I love em, but they are not sufficient for me if it's 6 degrees and I did do some good rideouts last year in the cold.
    I'm also hoping to become a tutor (no, not an observer) soon which means that rides are arranged in advanced and there's no wimping out if it's a bit on the chilly/damp side.

Then you have the flexibility to switch gloves should a pair get wet or something.
    True. But with gloves you can also use them on another bike (and I get to ride another one very occassionally).

Get a heated vest and keep your core temp up, no need for gloves or grips
    My core temp is fine.
    I have heated grips, glove liners etc. but sometimes my hands are so cold that several of my fingers are completely white with a clear lack of blood flow.
    One of the reasons that heated grips don't work so well with my fingertips are that my hands don't wrap right round the grips. My fingertips hang down so they are free to get to the levers.
    So if I'm cold, I'm concentrating on getting my fingers lined up and wrapping them right round to get them warm, rather than concentrating on the road and my riding.

I also have some of those huge mit things. They are good for warmth, but they are very bulky and fill my mirrors and interfere with my observation. They also push back on the levers at higher speeds.

10. Re: Heated glove recommendations 
    I ride all year as the Strom is my car
    I have heated grips and hand guards which work well, but I still get cold hands on really cold days. As has been mentioned you need to keep your core temp well up as this will allow warm blood to flow to your extremities, the other thing is investing in some really good waterproof/windproof gloves as removing windchill is important.
    I looked at the Exo kit last year and was impressed (mainly with their vest).

Stu 8-)
    Anyone fancy a pint?