Notices

Thread: Bike change....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Bike change.... 
    Diamond Member
    Went out for a ride last night on my uncles Z750 while he rode my bike.

I have to say, I absolutely loved it! Ok, so no wind resistance past 90, but I don't ride that fast very often anyway. But you can really throw it into bends, hang off much easier and lean it right over easier than mine. I nearly got my knee down last night without even trying. I want to have another go on a warm day, rather than in the cold at 9pm. It really filled me with loads of confidence.

I am hoping mine will get a bit more like that when I fit the new tyres. Some stickier, and round rubber might make it come to life a little more than the squared off touring tyres that are currently on it...

2. Re: Bike change.... 
    the different riding position will have made a lot of that difference - slightly wider bars etc. Same with me riding the street triple compared to mine - the ST I can throw into bends much easier and with more confidence. Wide high bars rock
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

3. Re: Bike change.... 
    Z is def the way forward 8-)
    "the empty can rattles the most!"

https://www.facebook.com/neil.hudd

4. Re: Bike change.... 
    Diamond Member
    Is yours a 750 or a thou Nelly?

5. Re: Bike change.... 
    Diamond Member
    Just answered my own question from your signature!

6. Re: Bike change.... 
    Platinum Member
    Theres a lot to be said for a sit-up-and-beg riding position... 90% of the time you are pootling in town, traffic, stuck behind a car, sliding around in rain, rides-out, ice etc... in these conditions a racing crouch is Not Ideal! Wider bars & lower footrests will not only be more controllable in a real-world situation but will also be much more comfortable on a long ride, with no aching legs, wrists, numb fingers etc...

Blown around over 90?? Noooooooooooooot really supposed to be going that fast anyway - hey, we've all been there, dont get me wrong - riding a fast bike is the nearest we will ever get to flying, being at the controls of a jet fighter plane - but the overall speed limit is 60/70mph (this is NOT a minimum speed limit! ) with an AUTOMATIC BAN if you are caught over 100mph. :'(

I love going Bok on my bike with the rest of you, but at the minute am looking at getting a naked bike just to rein me in a bit, am quite happy having a clean licence...

7. Re: Bike change.... 
    Diamond Member
    Very wide, very high bars = fun, fun, fun ;D

8. Re: Bike change.... 
    Quote Originally Posted by 470four
    Theres a lot to be said for a sit-up-and-beg riding position... 90% of the time you are pootling in town, traffic, stuck behind a car, sliding around in rain, rides-out, ice etc... in these conditions a racing crouch is Not Ideal! Wider bars & lower footrests will not only be more controllable in a real-world situation but will also be much more comfortable on a long ride, with no aching legs, wrists, numb fingers etc...

Blown around over 90?? Noooooooooooooot really supposed to be going that fast anyway - hey, we've all been there, dont get me wrong - riding a fast bike is the nearest we will ever get to flying, being at the controls of a jet fighter plane - but the overall speed limit is 60/70mph (this is NOT a minimum speed limit! ) with an AUTOMATIC BAN if you are caught over 100mph. :'(
    I love going Bok on my bike with the rest of you, but at the minute am looking at getting a naked bike just to rein me in a bit, am quite happy having a clean licence...

Seriously dude, everyone gives it a bit of stick once and a while.......... even the ladies

9. Re: Bike change.... 
    Diamond Member
    Obviously I didn't mean on the road officer -why that kind of hooliganistic behaviour is strictly limited to race tracks and my imagination!

10. Re: Bike change.... 
    Quote Originally Posted by Squashed_Fly
    Obviously I didn't mean on the road officer -why that kind of hooliganistic behaviour is strictly limited to race tracks and my imagination!
    Dont come out with me then!