Notices

Thread: Mod 1 test changing again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Mod 1 test changing again. 
    Yep, the DSA are changing it again middle of next month. The order of the manouevres is the main change, although there will be a little leeway on the speed of the faster exercises. It's rumoured to change again by the end of the year. Then it all changes again end 2012/beginning 2013...
    I can't keep up... >
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    www.ablemotorcycletraining.co.uk
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

2. Re: Mod 1 test changing again. 
    Thought it was all been scrapped and going back to the old method?

3. Re: Mod 1 test changing again. 
    No, so far it's just a revamp of the Mod 1. The minister in charge of the review wants it all to go back on the road as part of a single test. Examiners are objecting.
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    www.ablemotorcycletraining.co.uk
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

4. Re: Mod 1 test changing again. 
    Ye Gods! I can't keep up!

Must be a nightmare trying to work out how to train people! :-/

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

5. Re: Mod 1 test changing again. 

thank god I don't have to do all that again!!! old stylee was easy peasy lemon squeezy!!

Roxy

6. Re: Mod 1 test changing again. 
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Able
    No, so far it's just a revamp of the Mod 1. The minister in charge of the review wants it all to go back on the road as part of a single test. Examiners are objecting.
    surely its safer to do the slow manouvers off the road? otherwise where are you gonna do it?

7. Re: Mod 1 test changing again. 
    I did mine in a quiet road in Trowbridge...no different to the 3 point turn and emergency stop in the car test etc!
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

8. Re: Mod 1 test changing again. 
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazel-nut
    [quote author=Mark_Able link=1301946443/2#2 date=1301947871]No, so far it's just a revamp of the Mod 1. The minister in charge of the review wants it all to go back on the road as part of a single test. Examiners are objecting.
    surely its safer to do the slow manouvers off the road? otherwise where are you gonna do it?[/quote]

And more consistant. A U turn on a narrower, less well surfaced road is harder that a U turn on a wider better surfaced road. I know examiners will have their favorite locations, but even so, doing it under more controlled conditions can't be all bad.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

9. Re: Mod 1 test changing again. 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon_W
    [quote author=Hazel-nut link=1301946443/5#5 date=1302008272][quote author=Mark_Able link=1301946443/2#2 date=1301947871]No, so far it's just a revamp of the Mod 1. The minister in charge of the review wants it all to go back on the road as part of a single test. Examiners are objecting.
    surely its safer to do the slow manouvers off the road? otherwise where are you gonna do it?[/quote]

And more consistant. A U turn on a narrower, less well surfaced road is harder that a U turn on a wider better surfaced road. I know examiners will have their favorite locations, but even so, doing it under more controlled conditions can't be all bad.[/quote]

I'm not so sure. I agree there should be a minimum width that you require to do the U-turn, but surely doing it under real road conditions is better? On a road you have two opposing cambers to take into account, pot holes, manholes etc which are the real conditions we have to deal with- it's rarely a flat perfect surface.

10. Re: Mod 1 test changing again. 
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWGraeme
    [quote author=Jon_W link=1301946443/7#7 date=1302009574][quote author=Hazel-nut link=1301946443/5#5 date=1302008272][quote author=Mark_Able link=1301946443/2#2 date=1301947871]No, so far it's just a revamp of the Mod 1. The minister in charge of the review wants it all to go back on the road as part of a single test. Examiners are objecting.

And more consistant. A U turn on a narrower, less well surfaced road is harder that a U turn on a wider better surfaced road. I know examiners will have their favorite locations, but even so, doing it under more controlled conditions can't be all bad.[/quote]

I'm not so sure. I agree there should be a minimum width that you require to do the U-turn, but surely doing it under real road conditions is better? On a road you have two opposing cambers to take into account, pot holes, manholes etc which are the real conditions we have to deal with- it's rarely a flat perfect surface.
    [/quote]

and how many times do you do a perfect feet up U turn in reality?? :-?

The test should be as near as the same for everybody who takes it, or you get the situation where a better rider fails on a harder test whilst a less able rider passes on a easier test.... is that fair?? :P
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"