Notices

Thread: Good local chromer anyone?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Good local chromer anyone? 
    Platinum Member
    Hi all, I have a few small bike bits which need rechroming, does anyone know of somewhere local which will dip these?

2. Re: Good local chromer anyone? 
    Active Member Thorkill_The_Tall's Avatar
    Lightning Services on Hilperton Marsh Farm can get chrome plating done for you.
    Not in house, he uses S&T over in Bristol, but it's the same price so saves you the petrol.

3. Re: Good local chromer anyone? 
    We were discussing getting frames done at Bath Classic this week but no one mentioned chrome. I'll ask around.

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

4. Re: Good local chromer anyone? 
    I've heard of S&T before. They are ment to be very, very good, but not the cheapest. But I supppose you get what you pay for.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

5. Re: Good local chromer anyone? 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon_W
    I've heard of S&T before. They are ment to be very, very good, but not the cheapest. But I supppose you get what you pay for.
    Only have a few small bits to be done but they quoted me the minimum £50 costs to do them... :-?

6. Re: Good local chromer anyone? 
    I'll have a hunt, see if there is anything I need chroming. Anyone else want to make a batch up???

If that could be done, we'll divvy the cost up.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

7. Re: Good local chromer anyone? 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon_W
    I'll have a hunt, see if there is anything I need chroming. Anyone else want to make a batch up???

If that could be done, we'll divvy the cost up.
    Could be good!

BB?

8. Re: Good local chromer anyone? 
    I've got a few bits in bad need of chroming, but I'd have to find a period when I don't actually need them......kinda hard to ride without wheels :-?
    100 Japanese horses now unmuzzled! Derestricted hooliganism has commenced...

9. Re: Good local chromer anyone? 
    Active Member Thorkill_The_Tall's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 470four
    [quote author=Jon_W link=1302079830/3#3 date=1302245587]I've heard of S&T before. They are ment to be very, very good, but not the cheapest. But I supppose you get what you pay for.
    Only have a few small bits to be done but they quoted me the minimum £50 costs to do them... :-?
    [/quote]

Fifty quid to de-chrome. de-copper, re-copper, re-chrome and polish - abosolute bargain.......

10. Re: Good local chromer anyone? 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorkill_The_Tall
    [quote author=470four link=1302079830/4#4 date=1302257589][quote author=Jon_W link=1302079830/3#3 date=1302245587]I've heard of S&T before. They are ment to be very, very good, but not the cheapest. But I supppose you get what you pay for.
    [/quote]

Fifty quid to de-chrome. de-copper, re-copper, re-chrome and polish - abosolute bargain.......
    [/quote]

- for two large washers and a nut?

Doubtful.