Notices

Thread: New helmet

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. New helmet 
    Diamond Member
    As just posted on FB

really need to get my arse in gear and find a new helmet, thinking of a shoei, anyone got any good or bad reports of them?

or can anyone recommend a make they have found outstanding? want to change from HJC so not that, cheers

2. Re: New helmet 
    Have two and I think there ACE fit well and no I don't get any noise [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

3. Re: New helmet 
    So what lid is it?
    Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.

4. Re: New helmet 
    AGV.
    Have had 2 Arai's and am now converted to AGV. I find it much quieter and don't get the massive amount of wind in the face that I got with the Arai. Plus the visor stays down when you move your head to the side, which the Arai had a nasty habit of not doing!!
    It's really a personal choice though and best to try on a few.
    Good luck!

FYI I bought mine online from www.twowheel.co.uk
    They come highly recommended.

5. Re: New helmet 
    Banned
    I have the FG14 HJC and a shoei xr1000, unfortunately I do find the HJC is a better fit on me, but the difference in quality is very noticable on the shoei. I did part with another £32 quid for the whisper kit last week for the shoei but haven't given it a proper tryout yet.

6. Re: New helmet 
    my AGV was very comfy, got a shoei now which was uncomfortable to start with but fine now, but isn't the quietest
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

7. Re: New helmet 
    Platinum Member
    Got a Nolan (which i thought was pretty good/value for money) then borrowed Halina's Shoei for brands (cuz of the tinted visor) and it was a whole UNIVERSE away in every way.

Have been on the prowl for a good one now myself. So many out there and so competetive. Gonna have to dedicate a day to hitting the stores to try them on for size and comfort.

Do they make one in "Cow head" size Ryan?!! Maybe you could squeeze into one of MCE's oversized ones ;D ;D

8. Re: New helmet 
    Platinum Member
    I've got a shark and its so unbelievably comfortable its almost impossible! but i honestly think you just need to go an try on as many different makes/models/sizes possible bc they all seem to vary and some just really didn't suit the shape of my head etc.

9. Re: New helmet 
    Platinum Member
    It was an Arai, Basil :

10. Re: New helmet 
    Diamond Member
    I really like my Schubert S1 as it's amazingly quiet and I do listen to music on the move. It has designed cutouts for headphones for this purpose. I think it might be on the heavy side for some and certainly not flash for those that care about looks. Most important though is to get one that fits well - try loads on and get the right size. I'm also a complete convert to helmets with integrated sun visors so no need to worry about carrying a spare clear or tinted visor.