Notices

Thread: Disheartened Mod 2 Failure

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Disheartened Mod 2 Failure 
    Hello all, feeling very down in the dumps as I failed Module 2 yesterday - apparently I was riding too close to the vehicle in front of me on the ring road. This was almost at the beginning of the test - and the examiner let me know my distance was too close. I knew at the time that was a failure so went into relaxed, don't care mode - and only managed to pick up 2 minors for the rest of the test. (I was amazed there weren't more considering my frame of mind!) As soon as I heard his voice telling me off, I questioned the distance. I didn't think it was unsafe - I've been a car driver for 20 years, never been involved in a prang of any sort, so I'd like to think I'm a fair judge of gaps - ok, that's abit of an arrogant assumption, but I'm not a reckless driver - I've got 3 children! Saying that, I'm not your super-cautious type either.
    The same examiner failed me twice on Mod 1, so I'm beginning to wonder if it's personal or does this bloke have a thing against women??
    I may've been too close, but he nearly rammed into the back of me on a couple of occasions too! Hubby reckons for the next one - sadly not for a while now as they're pretty booked up - he's going to follow the examiner (at a distance!) and film it to see if he is being fair.
    If I've made the mistakes, fair enough, but this has left me feeling really down about the whole thing :'( :'(

2. Re: Disheartened Mod 2 Failure 
    Oh no!

On the plus, you know that next time you can do everything well and that all you have to do is ride a little further away. Is annoying, but it could have been a lot worse.

Stick it! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

3. Re: Disheartened Mod 2 Failure 
    Sorry to hear that but like Jon said at least you know you can do it with only 2 minors!
    Good luck for the next one whenever that is

4. Re: Disheartened Mod 2 Failure 
    Hey Sue, you'll be OK next time - 2 minors is pretty damn good Is just unfortunate .... like the idea of filming him though [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

5. Re: Disheartened Mod 2 Failure 
    Platinum Member
    Sorry to hear that but as already been said if you can do it with 2 minors without trying it cant all be bad. Just remember with ref to gaps and distance, cars tend to be able to stop a lot quicker than bikes

6. Re: Disheartened Mod 2 Failure 

that's a real shame sorry to hear that.

When I did my test 2 years ago (old style test) I remember being told by the examiner that as soon as I hit the dual carriageway outside the test centre he expected me to overtake traffic and not interfere with the 'flow' ;D ;D which I took great pleasure in doing so I find it annoying that you were failed for being a little close in 'his' eyes.

Well all you can do is take positive thoughts from it, only 2 minors so next time you will walk it for sure!

Good luck [smiley=thumbup.gif] [smiley=thumbup.gif] [smiley=thumbup.gif]

Roxy x

7. Re: Disheartened Mod 2 Failure 
    Don't be too disheartened Sue, just do it 'his way' next time and pass with flying colours.

I was talking with Chrissie and Basher last night about some of the things you have to do to pass your test that go out the window as soon as you get your licence - default riding position the centre of your lane, always indicating even if there's no-one to indicate to and also when the lane is marked up for one direction only, always doing lifesavers etc etc

Sorry to hear you've got a long wait for the re-test - what a pain!

8. Re: Disheartened Mod 2 Failure 
    Platinum Member
    Good luck for the next time Sue .

9. Re: Disheartened Mod 2 Failure 
    Chin up, try again.

In Norway the examiner rides as pillion during the whole test

10. Re: Disheartened Mod 2 Failure 
    Better luck next time. Keep your chin up.... It WILL happen