Notices

Thread: Flashed for speeding! or not...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Flashed for speeding! or not... 
    Very worried.

Got flashed for speeding on the way home!

For doing 30...in a 30.
    Whats that all about??
    I have video evidence of me not speeding, i had my GoPro on at the time, whats likely to happen?

Help :-[

Andy

2. Re: Flashed for speeding! or not... 
    Platinum Member
    I wouldnt worry about it tbh? A lot of the cameras have been decommissioned, some have been left in place as a visual deterrent, some - like this one - still work but more than likely have no film (the main reason behind them being shutdown was that they couldnt afford the logistics behind driving round collating all the film & evidence etc...)

3. Re: Flashed for speeding! or not... 
    Quote Originally Posted by 470four
    I wouldnt worry about it tbh? A lot of the cameras have been decommissioned, some have been left in place as a visual deterrent, some - like this one - still work but more than likely have no film (the main reason behind them being shutdown was that they couldnt afford the logistics behind driving round collating all the film & evidence etc...)
    And the repairs on all the ones that accidently got set on fire, blown up and knocked over!
    Don't get confused between my personality and my attitude. My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are...

4. Re: Flashed for speeding! or not... 
    Platinum Member
    I remember watching a cctv video of two blokes parking up, getting out of a transit van with a petrol disc cutter, chopping the whole camera post & box down - picking it up and trowing it in the back of the van and driving off! ;D

LEGENDS.

5. Re: Flashed for speeding! or not... 
    Platinum Member
    If I was you I'd worry about this for the next 100th of a second because if you were doing 30 they won't even bother with the paper work ,if they do you have video evidence to show in court so chill man, relax

6. Re: Flashed for speeding! or not... 
    I would, just in case, contact the local police.

explain what happened, etc... at least than they'll have something on record about it.

if you wait for the fine to come in, they are more likely to think you were speeding and kept quite to wait and see..

7. Re: Flashed for speeding! or not... 
    Don't worry about it, unless you receive any paperwork within the next 14 days. Anytime after that its invalid no matter what speed you were doing. I suspect that the camera is not being maintained due to the cuts and therefore it is calibrated incorrectly. You have video footage showing that your speedo showed you were doing 30 mph, therefore putting an element of doubt into the accurracy of the camera. As the onus is upon the prosecution to prove beyond all reasonable doubt that you are guilty of the offence I doubt they would pursue the matter to court.

If you are worried about it, I suggest contacting the road safety partnership for the county in which the camera was set off, as opposed to the local police as it is them that maintain the cameras, send the paperwork etc etc and would be better placed to assist.

Hope this helps.

DD

8. Re: Flashed for speeding! or not... 
    Platinum Member
    These chaps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7j_RLxf34s seem to have the right idea... [smiley=shocked.gif]

9. Re: Flashed for speeding! or not... 
    Platinum Member
    Keep you evidence.
    Chill.

If anything happens this site is great for advice

http://www.pepipoo.com/

10. Re: Flashed for speeding! or not... 
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch9128
    These chaps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7j_RLxf34s seem to have the right idea... [smiley=shocked.gif]
    Hahaaa, cant believe that!
    Brilliant.
    Theres one cam is Aylesbury that always seems to have tyres and burn marks all over it.

Thanks for the website Ducatista.