Notices

Thread: 1st Wajjicat Poker Run - RESULTS!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. 1st Wajjicat Poker Run - RESULTS! 
    Well if I got posts up on time you lot would think I will ill or something!

I would like to say thank to everyone who braved the sunshine and came out with us, a great day, and I think it's a must that Dennis attends every ride out from now on, preferably on his cruiser. I'd also like to say thanks to everyone that turned up at the H&C at the end to welcome us back and throw some money into the bucket.

Yup some more thanks incoming as well!

Thanks to Liz & Perry for donating the frist prize of £100 cash, to Liam & Tash and the Polebarn Hotel for donating the £50 second prize, and to Stacy adn Ali at the Harp and Crown for donating the £20 George Whites gift voucher, and the free burgers (and a personal thanks to stacy for lending me some dry clothes after I got completely soaked on the ride in, you're a fecking star chief!), and yet more thank to Jacde for donating the WB hoodie, and Redken for the bottle of Jim Beam, and finaly a thank you to Tina for donating her prize back to the Hospice.

We managed to raise a few pence short of £312, which I am very pleased with, that's a good amount for a small event, and gives us a target for next year. Daniel at the Hospice asked me to pass on their thanks (He did say he is a member of this forum, and is doing a DAS at the moment, has a 125 I believe, so I think we should start nagging him to come out with us!), they rely soley on donations to fund for the incredible work they do, so events like this really help them.

The Prospect Hospice has one of those large fake cheques, so we can have a photo done of us handing it over for our forum and facebook pages, and they will forward a copy to the Advertiser as well, might be an idea to forward it to other local papers as well. The photo will have to be done at the Hospice, and most likely done during the week, it would be good if we could get a few bikes there, the Hospice is in Wroughton, just outside of Swindon, so if anyone could attend that would be great!

Now for the WINNERS!

1st Prize - TINA BEAMER
    2nd Prize - Ro (bin)
    3rd Prize - Big Al

Worst hand - Rolly
    Almost the worst hand - Toph

So roll on next year, we have a target to beat people! With that in mind I would very much appreciate feedback on this event, the good bits, the bad bits and any suggestions on improvements to the day, we are hoping to build this event year by year, so all feed back, especially at the early stages is very important!

Thanks again guys and girls, ride safe!

H
    Don't get confused between my personality and my attitude. My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are...

2. Re: 1st Wajjicat Poker Run - RESULTS! 
    Great result, awesome to see so much money raised.

Massive thanks and thumbs up to Hunar for organising this
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

3. Re: 1st Wajjicat Poker Run - RESULTS! 
    Was a great day !!

Well done Hunar !!

And well done everyone else

4. Re: 1st Wajjicat Poker Run - RESULTS! 
    Excellent result! 8-)

It was a great day. Thanks to Hunar for organising, all who donated prizes, and everyone who was there for making it such good fun.

5. Re: 1st Wajjicat Poker Run - RESULTS! 
    Top day!! thanks Hunar for organising, roll on next year!!
    There's no feelin' like 2 wheelin'

6. Re: 1st Wajjicat Poker Run - RESULTS! 
    Hunar,

Well done!! Glad to know that we could have such good fun while raising a tidy sum for a good cause.
    If I remember correctly after the first couple of stops people were having so much fun they forget completely about the poker!

Excellent organization.

I would love to be on every run and bring the cruiser, the only catch is I get to ride your bike and you have to ride the cruiser ;D ;D

Keep up the great work

7. Re: 1st Wajjicat Poker Run - RESULTS! 
    Diamond Member
    Big well done to you all - a really worthy cause [smiley=thumbsup.gif].

8. Re: 1st Wajjicat Poker Run - RESULTS! 
    So anyone want to come for the photo? will probably be one afternoon evening this week?
    Don't get confused between my personality and my attitude. My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are...

9. Re: 1st Wajjicat Poker Run - RESULTS! 
    Quote Originally Posted by swarwick
    So anyone want to come for the photo? will probably be one afternoon evening this week?
    Id like to but depends when it is my lovely :-? :-?

10. Re: 1st Wajjicat Poker Run - RESULTS! 
    I can do thurs eve mate
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers