Notices

Thread: Removing bike stickers

1. Removing bike stickers 
    Well the bike is finally in the land of the north and after some drama with the security chain not being long enough to fit around the lamppost, and a last minute dash to halfords for a new one, it is all secured and safe for the night. As buying the bike was a bit fiddly and dad had to sort out everything including actually picking the bike up (thanks dad ) we didn't realise that the salesman had made a few changes between the agreed sale date and the pickup date.

So i now have two raised (bubble-like) stickers advertising the shop on the bike that i don't want there. There is one on the tail which i'm not too fussed about but i really don't like the one on the front wheel cover.

Now i'm going to ring the guy in the shop up and see if he has a way of removing them as he must remove other shop stickers that come in on the bikes he buys - but if he doesn't i was wondering if anybody else knew how to remove them?

I would normally use something like nail varnish remover to dissolve the glue, but as this is my new pride and joy i'm obviously a bit nervous about doing this. The stickers are raised which makes it extra difficult to lift them away from the surface, brilliant.

So any tips/advice would be very much appreciated

2. Re: Removing bike stickers 
    Rachael use a hair drier and a razor blade to lift one corner but don’t get it to hot just Luke warm … [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    If it has a red line use it ....

3. Re: Removing bike stickers 
    I was watching a video earlier about removing stickers from a bike!

Heat with hairdryer and peel off SLOWLY, remove any left over sticky by taking a bit of duct tape and dabbing the sticky side of the tape on the bit of glue. A tiny bit of white spirit to remove any remaining bits, and polish.
    Don't get confused between my personality and my attitude. My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are...

4. Re: Removing bike stickers 
    Platinum Member
    Acetone will melt any glue without damage, that's nail polish remover btw.

5. Re: Removing bike stickers 
    I use furniture polish to remove sticky labels, not sure if it would work on this type of sticker tho
    It's Lilac... not pink!

6. Re: Removing bike stickers 
    Tooth floss can be a good alternative to a razor blade of the stickers are thick and there's an edge to get it under - less chance of scratching the paint than using a razor if you suffer from fumble fingers..!

I used it to help get the badges off my car bootlid.
    100 Japanese horses now unmuzzled! Derestricted hooliganism has commenced...

7. Re: Removing bike stickers 
    What Hunar said

8. Re: Removing bike stickers 
    Diamond Member
    Use a Hair dryer soften the adhesive they'll will peel away quite easy.

I had to borrow a hair dyer... ;D ;D

9. Re: Removing bike stickers 
    Ooh I shall try all these...not at the same time though! I love the fountain of knowledge that this site provides

10. Re: Removing bike stickers 
    Quote Originally Posted by GixxerStu

I had to borrow a hair dyer... ;D ;D
    Obviously!! ;D