Notices

Thread: Anyone free next Wednesday 18th in daytime?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Anyone free next Wednesday 18th in daytime? 
    Platinum Member
    Hi All

As I am doing the Ron Haslam school next Wednesday I won't be able to attend Castle Coombe to help with our next Paraplegic track day. I know it's short notice but if you or anyone could spare your time on Wednesday, we really need volunteers who are able to help out on the day. It will involve 'catching and launching' the bikes but you will be given full instructions and its dead dead easy - ask Nick L, he kindly helped out last time! It basically means holding the bike upright and removing the paddock stand as the bikes pull away or catching them as they come in. Anyone can do it!

If you are able to offer any time next Wednesday at all please let me know and I will put you in touch with Talan.

If you don't know what I am going on about check out the sticky thread here:
    http://www.wiltshirebikers.co.uk/cgi...num=1303060586

2. Re: Anyone free next Wednesday 18th in daytime? 
    Banned
    As it stands I'll be free if you want me. Is it similar timings as last time, if so I might speak to CC see if I can get some track time in the afternoon.

3. Re: Anyone free next Wednesday 18th in daytime? 
    Platinum Member
    That would be amazing Nick - we are really short for help this time and it would really be appreciated. I will PM you Talan's number? He might be able to have a word with CC for you too regarding track time

4. Re: Anyone free next Wednesday 18th in daytime? 
    Platinum Member
    Forgot to mention on initial thread that its likely to be 9am - approx 1.30pm that you are needed, so not all day

5. Re: Anyone free next Wednesday 18th in daytime? 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by njl
    As it stands I'll be free if you want me. Is it similar timings as last time, if so I might speak to CC see if I can get some track time in the afternoon.

Can I tag along?

6. Re: Anyone free next Wednesday 18th in daytime? 
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Morticia
    [quote author=njl link=1305028071/1#1 date=1305112515]As it stands I'll be free if you want me. Is it similar timings as last time, if so I might speak to CC see if I can get some track time in the afternoon.

Can I tag along?[/quote]

Fine by me, are you up for some catch and release duties? It's easy stuff just holding the front of the bike steady or fitting and removing the paddock stand at the back.

I'll be going over by bike from Swindon, depending on what comes of any track time either leaving about 7.30 or 8.30.

7. Re: Anyone free next Wednesday 18th in daytime? 
    Platinum Member
    Talan will be very grateful if you can lend a hand Maca - I will PM his number to you

8. Re: Anyone free next Wednesday 18th in daytime? 
    Hi Star,

I can make myself available. Just let me know.

Dennis

9. Re: Anyone free next Wednesday 18th in daytime? 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis_Sinanan
    Hi Star,

I can make myself available. Just let me know.

Dennis
    hey Dennis

Good to see you yesterday and thank you for your kind offer. I have just spoken to Talan and provided NickL and Morticia can definitely make it he should be ok for helpers.

There are about another 6 students lined up for other dates so could I keep you in mind for the next one if we need help and you are free?

10. Re: Anyone free next Wednesday 18th in daytime? 
    Hi Star,

I'm on leave from next Wednesday and would be happy to help out, put me down as Maca's +1