Notices

Thread: Refused Insurance...? No Pillion

1. Refused Insurance...? No Pillion 
    Diamond Member
    I don't normally believe all I read in MCN. Has this ever happened to anyone else.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/IN...cycle-insurer/

2. Re: Refused Insurance...? No Pillion 
    Never heard that one before.
    (mrs H wont be pleased!)
    "the empty can rattles the most!"

https://www.facebook.com/neil.hudd

3. Re: Refused Insurance...? No Pillion 
    I've always told Carole Nash that I've wanted to carry pillion, never had a problem.

Interesting though.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

4. Re: Refused Insurance...? No Pillion 
    Insurance is going through a weird phase at the moment. My friend was refused insurance for no alarm then found it cheaper somewhere else anyway. They also wanted to know all the bikes he'd had before to make sure it wasn't too much for him. I've known him 8 years and he's had 16 in that time!

My van premiums have gone up but my bike down.

It's all probably to do with the litigious nature of a lot of people these days. We all suffer because of a few unscrupulous toe rags.

5. Re: Refused Insurance...? No Pillion 
    That's quite a gamble, I'm sure there will be alot people (if they reflect this lower risk in their premium prices)that will not care as they don't take pillions.

However, I'm sure these certain companies will lose alot of business also as there will be many people out there that wouldn't think about NOT having pillion cover, and you can bet that there will be a few stupid model choices that include a few bikes used as tourers or two's up bikes.

One of the reasons I got my FireBlade 929 was that the missus thought it was the most comfortable bike she'd be on the back of, Thundercats and Older (proper shaped) ninja's with the long single seats are good for touring.

6. Re: Refused Insurance...? No Pillion 
    Diamond Member
    I have pillions covered under an Aviva policy so I guess an R1200GS Adventure is not an off-road bike ;D ;D

7. Re: Refused Insurance...? No Pillion 
    Platinum Member
    Insurers are definitely cherry picking.
    If they don't want your business they sometimes use the tactic of giving a high quote.

8. Re: Refused Insurance...? No Pillion 
    I've always had pillion cover included

9. Re: Refused Insurance...? No Pillion 
    I haven't had pillion insurance for years, it used to be an option and as as I never take pillions I saw no point insuring for one.

Ghost has pillion cover no problem.

BB

We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

10. Re: Refused Insurance...? No Pillion 
    I have both pillion and towing included on the CG! Not like I'll use it, but it didn't cost me any extra...

Insurance is getting either more expensive or more restrictive these days......
    100 Japanese horses now unmuzzled! Derestricted hooliganism has commenced...