Notices

Thread: E marked exhaust stickers. :)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. E marked exhaust stickers. :) 
    Platinum Member
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...ht_1408wt_1139

Im not saying these are a good thing or a bad thing - but it may help sway Plod if you get spotchecked & have a vocal can/cans, especially if you accidently put them over the "For Race Use Only" legend...

I've just ordered two for the new Yosh cans on the Doocat, MOT late June...

2. Re: E marked exhaust stickers. :) 
    Just grind & polish the stamp out, no need for any stickers then!

3. Re: E marked exhaust stickers. :) 
    IMHO they're a bit pointless; the 5% of officers who give a stuff about race cans will know enough to know they're race cans with an eBay sticker!

A better plan is simply to be considerate with where/when you 'give it it's voice' (not saying you aren't already!) and prevent the issue arising.

All IMHO

4. Re: E marked exhaust stickers. :) 
    Diamond Member
    great idea! IMHO lol

5. Re: E marked exhaust stickers. :) 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_R1
    IMHO they're a bit pointless; the 5% of officers who give a stuff about race cans will know enough to know they're race cans with an eBay sticker!

A better plan is simply to be considerate with where/when you 'give it it's voice' (not saying you aren't already!) and prevent the issue arising.

All IMHO
    Granted... if they are hid behind a bush / driveway [s]eating doughnuts[/s] then who's to know? Your average plod will check:

Tyres
    Tax
    Online paperwork check (insurance, MOT, actually your bike...)
    How bl@@dy loud it is...

"Little noisy there, Sir? We heard you change down two roundabouts away?"

"Cans it came with Officer? Look, E marked!"

Personally they have it all backwards if you ask me...

MOT exhaust tests should be held as a rolling & static(tickover/throttle blip) two part test before a minimum 3 people, seated & holding up scorecards for:

Exhaust note pleasantness (crisp, barking/distinctive tone)

Good bass note (makes your eyes & earlobes wobble when the bike is ridden by, also temporary deafness)

Mucho Thumpo (clear and authoritive tickover beats, none of this muffled lawnmover wuffly crap)

Bike to fail if its sounds like a CG125 or other putt-putt wimpo steed.

There. All hail the Doocat.

6. Re: E marked exhaust stickers. :) 
    LMAO! I think that would be an ace idea!!

In the interests of transparency I should probably point out i'm a 'regular plod' as you put it, (e.g. Response as opposed to Trafpol) and you're quite right about what will be checked on a stop. I'd most likely compliment you on the sound of the Duc, but if you tried telling me the sticker was genuine you'd be told not to take the piss LOL

For what it's worth, my '03 R1 that, until Saturday, I owned for 5 years came with a full Akra carbon/Ti system which also had a dodgy E mark sticker on it - I was only ever pulled over on it once (by Traffic - for exuberant filtering ) and it wasn't even mentioned. Had it have been, I wouldn't have tried pulling the wool over his eyes as it's unlikely to be convincing LOL. Before the R1 I had a TL1000R with twin race pipes - I imagine your Duc sounds similar to that e.g. bloody loud and spits flames? ;D

The way i've always looked at it, unless you're bouncing off the limiter past people's houses at 3am, then you're doing no harm, and loud pipes save lives. All IMHO, not necessarily the opinion of my employers etc etc etc.

Dave

7. Re: E marked exhaust stickers. :) 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_R1
    LMAO! I think that would be an ace idea!!

In the interests of transparency I should probably point out i'm a 'regular plod' as you put it, (e.g. Response as opposed to Trafpol) and you're quite right about what will be checked on a stop. I'd most likely compliment you on the sound of the Duc, but if you tried telling me the sticker was genuine you'd be told not to take the piss LOL

For what it's worth, my '03 R1 that, until Saturday, I owned for 5 years came with a full Akra carbon/Ti system which also had a dodgy E mark sticker on it - I was only ever pulled over on it once (by Traffic - for exuberant filtering ) and it wasn't even mentioned. Had it have been, I wouldn't have tried pulling the wool over his eyes as it's unlikely to be convincing LOL. Before the R1 I had a TL1000R with twin race pipes - I imagine your Duc sounds similar to that e.g. bloody loud and spits flames? ;D

The way i've always looked at it, unless you're bouncing off the limiter past people's houses at 3am, then you're doing no harm, and loud pipes save lives. All IMHO, not necessarily the opinion of my employers etc etc etc.

Dave
    All so true, Mate!

It does tend to part traffic like the Red Sea, my mate thought it was a helicopter landing when I pulled up in his back garden...

No point being dayglo if they havent / can't see you anyway?

Have to rely on other senses...

8. Re: E marked exhaust stickers. :) 
    Haha. Excellent. I've always wanted a Ducati, but not yet gotten around to it

I'll keep an eye out for a flame-spitting Ducati around Trowbridge

9. Re: E marked exhaust stickers. :) 
    If dealing with the infamous PC Williamson in the Trowbridge area it probably wouldn't matter what you were riding and how legal it was.... > :
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

10. Re: E marked exhaust stickers. :) 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty
    If dealing with the infamous PC Williamson in the Trowbridge area it probably wouldn't matter what you were riding and how legal it was.... > :

Lol probably not... I am always keen to bypass that carwash in Westbury.