Notices

Thread: Arsebiscuits!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Arsebiscuits!!! 
    I gave the road bike a service on Saturday (oil & filter change), no problems there, so as I wasn't busy tonight I swapped it for the track bike to do the same thing, warmed up the engine, took out the drain bolt and.... what looked like milky coffee fell into the drain pan... Bollocks! > > >
    I'll ring a couple of people tomorrow to see if it's likely to be anything other than the most obvious, but that's more from hope than expectation, so I'm likely to have to drop the engine out of it and swap the head gasket pretty shortly, just what I could do without as the car broke down last night as well and I haven't got that back yet (Big ups to Justin for collecting me and giving me a lift home at 21:00) : : : At least I haven't got any trackdays in the immediate future....
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

2. Re: Arsebiscuits!!! 
    Platinum Member
    Could it just be condensation that's emulsified if the track bike's not been run for a while?
    www.shinybikesyndrome.co.uk - Protection through innovation

3. Re: Arsebiscuits!!! 
    'Fraid not, the water level in the radiator has dropped quite a way :-/
    Steve McQueen

4. Re: Arsebiscuits!!! 
    Not at all technical Scotty but curious to know what's wrong. I know a gasket problem on a car isn't good news, can only guess it's the same with a bike?
    It's Lilac... not pink!

5. Re: Arsebiscuits!!! 
    Oh no, sorry to hear that, I have no idea which bike you have (Ninja going by the avatar), but would you be able to get away with draining the fluids, getting a jack under the engine, remove the forward (and poss one of the rear) mounting bolts and maybe then tilting the engine forwards to give you access to removing the cylinder block?.

It might make it a bit easier than just dropping the whole thing out??

6. Re: Arsebiscuits!!! 
    Is there a frost plug in those engines??? Sounds odd that it's blown a gasket stood still....
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

7. Re: Arsebiscuits!!! 
    Diamond Member
    do they have an o-ring where the waterpump pipe seals into the engine, or is it like a zx9 where the seal is a bit dodgy and drops coolant into the engine............
    might not be a head gasket.....

8. Re: Arsebiscuits!!! 
    As its a track bike was there any anti freeze in it? If not could be expensive if its down to freezing

9. Re: Arsebiscuits!!! 
    That's what I'm fearing Moo, I don't run it with anti-freeze in it, and I've never had a any problems in the past but before Christmas it did drop to around -12ÂșC which could have been cold enough to freeze it in the garage... I'm hoping that Jaydee's on the money with the water pump, that's a lot easier and cheaper to fix than some of the other possibilities.... :-?
    Steve McQueen

10. Re: Arsebiscuits!!! 
    Diamond Member
    Time for a fully heated garage?? 8-)