Notices

Thread: IOM TT TV Coverage

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Re: IOM TT TV Coverage 
    Quote Originally Posted by simongpz
    watched the 600 race last night was stoped after first lap one of the riders was killed in a crash race was started again but it was a bit sad watching knowing someone had died
    Oh no..... I recorded it, have just watched Sunday's sidecar race and was going to watch the 600 race next... I'm glad you posted this.... am now prepared How very sad RIP Who was it?

2. Re: IOM TT TV Coverage 
    Watching it at the moment

3. Re: IOM TT TV Coverage 
    Three racers so far; driver & passenger of a sidecar during a practise session and the solo racer yesterday.

Then there are another four TT visitors to the island who won't be riding home.

The police describe it as 'about average for TT fortnight so far'

The racers know the risk and make their choice. The visitors? Well I can't comment on the accidents as I do not know the circumstances but sometimes you are amazed how much 'inappropriate' riding you see at the Manx and I'm told the TT is worse.

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

4. Re: IOM TT TV Coverage 
    Solor rider was Derek Brien, 34 yr old Irish rider, is very sad, but as you rightly point out Judy, they know the risks and make their own choice. That aside, am really enjoying the coverage - the racing is awesome and really brings Steve McQueen's famous line alive ... 'racing is life, everything before and after is just waiting'

5. Re: IOM TT TV Coverage 
    Mad Sunday isn't it called due to accidents?

Wonder how long, in this day 'n age, before it is banned as an unsuitable 'track'.

Look at all the safety stuff involved with proper tracks and even been known for 'competitors' to refuse to participate on safety grounds.

Even suspect right now someone is on the case
    I need amusement in my sad life and it looks, very much, like you fit this requirement admirably..............begin the amusement!!!!!

6. Re: IOM TT TV Coverage 
    Nobody needs to refuse to ride there, they all do it because they want to. Barry Sheene led the moves to strip the TT of its British GP status in 1975, therefore taking away any element of compulsion to ride there, and it's now a stand-alone event in its own right and riders choose whether or not to race there. Let's be thankful for the independent spirit of the Manx people and their own government, and hope that they manage to resist the interfering "do-gooders" and safety nazis who are hell bent on stopping everyone that they can from enjoying themselves... > > >
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

7. Re: IOM TT TV Coverage 
    Diamond Member
    The TT is one of my 'I will do one year' things. Always wanted to go. I have huge amounts of respect for the guys that put their lives on the line for our entertainment.