Notices

Thread: Insurance question

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: Insurance question 
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducatista
    You can transfer your NCB.
    You will lose the part year.
    Also be aware you need to PROVE NCB.
    If you sent off your original renewal notice to get this quote, then you won't have it to use again unless you took a copy.
    The insurer you are leaving might not be that helpful suprisingly.

I always take a copy or scan in case mine gets lots in the post.
    Be aware if you can't prove it then the the new insurer will want to remove you discount and ask you to pay up or will cancel yor insurance within 7 days etc.
    They seem to be really harsh on this these days.
    You do NOT want this to happen.

If you have insurance cancelled through non-payment, you'll have to declare it on every quote in the future for ever.
    This will put up prices, get you declined and stop you using on-libe systems.

So make sure you've got proof of your NCD before you make any decisions.
    That's a very good point I hadn't thought of. Could you not prove your NCB with the certificate of insurance from current insurer, which states number of years they have accepted?

Anyway, hopefully it won't be an issue thanks to the more competent person I spoke to today.

2. Re: Insurance question 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducatista

You will lose the part year, but you don't need to prove the NCB. So long as you can supply them the policy number, and the company, they can check the records and the companies HAVE to supply the data to your new company.

3. Re: Insurance question 
    Quote Originally Posted by b_m1957
    [quote author=Ducatista link=1308069998/9#9 date=1308157599]
    If you sent off your original renewal notice to get this quote, then you won't have it to use again unless you took a copy.
    The insurer you are leaving might not be that helpful suprisingly.

I always take a copy or scan in case mine gets lots in the post.
    Be aware if you can't prove it then the the new insurer will want to remove you discount and ask you to pay up or will cancel yor insurance within 7 days etc.
    They seem to be really harsh on this these days.
    You do NOT want this to happen.

If you have insurance cancelled through non-payment, you'll have to declare it on every quote in the future for ever.
    This will put up prices, get you declined and stop you using on-libe systems.

So make sure you've got proof of your NCD before you make any decisions.
    That's a very good point I hadn't thought of. Could you not prove your NCB with the certificate of insurance from current insurer, which states number of years they have accepted?

Anyway, hopefully it won't be an issue thanks to the more competent person I spoke to today.[/quote]

No. You need to get another certificate from you current insurer. Some agencies hold these details on a database and can look them up instantly, but it depends on your insurer.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

4. Re: Insurance question 
    Diamond Member
    It's always shown on the last renewal notice sent to you - thats the one to copy and send. Good advice to copy them first - Carole Nash also allow you to scan the original and email it to them as well.