Notices

Thread: Loosing the urge to ride

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Re: Loosing the urge to ride 
    dont give up on bikeing i thought i would never ride again or injoy it when i damaged my knee i was in a full leg brace for weeks and thought i would never be able to hold the weight of the bike up but ive found was of rideing differently that have made it possible i find it painfull alot of the time but i enjoy the rideing so much i try to block it out and just have a good time

2. Re: Loosing the urge to ride 
    I know how you feel - but in the other direction. I lost the urge to drive my car when I started biking, then I swang back to wishing I was driving it again (too much riding to work in the winter...) and while I still love biking I think I need a new bike to keep it interesting 8-)

I think Hazel has a good plan - just try a few other bikes to see if it is just the current bike or whether its the whole thing you're bored of.
    100 Japanese horses now unmuzzled! Derestricted hooliganism has commenced...

3. Re: Loosing the urge to ride 
    Please don't give up! It's people like you and the gang on here that have given me the inspiration and encouragement to keep going when mostly failing my test - both modules! Thanks to the very kind people on here, I got there in the end, when at times i felt that it was beyond my reach. Keep the determination to carry on, there are alot of people out there who wish they could ride but never get the chance, or who rode years ago, gave up for whatever reason and regretted it ever since, don't be one of them! keep it going while you can and don't give in to find you regret it later on...

4. Re: Loosing the urge to ride 
    Platinum Member
    Simon, you've done this with every bike since I've known you ;D

I'd recommend getting some further training, you'll get a whole lot more out of your riding from it, especially if you're suffering a crisis of confidence. It'll also be a lot cheaper than changing bikes again.
    www.shinybikesyndrome.co.uk - Protection through innovation

5. Re: Loosing the urge to ride 
    Si. I think we all get the "ups and downs" occasionally. I know a few people that didnt touch the bike for weeks, because they didnt have the motivation. Dont give it up though mate. You've passed your test. Biking is now in your blood. Take a couple of weeks or however long you need and leave the bike alone. It wont be long before the urge comes back
    "the empty can rattles the most!"

https://www.facebook.com/neil.hudd

6. Re: Loosing the urge to ride 
    Have a chat to Able and get some advanced tuition. While your there they can look at your posture, riding position and style.

Sounds like you need to adjust some of the settings on the bike and prehaps your riding style to suit.

Stick it.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

7. Re: Loosing the urge to ride 
    I can go for weeks without wanting/needing to ride the bike. Then I get the need again and if I'm not able to ride for whatever reason I then start getting ratty! (ask Ghost) :

Don't fret about it, just park it up and keep it for when you need to get out on it. Just remember when you do get back out there you will be a little rusty so take it easy. 8-)

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

8. Re: Loosing the urge to ride 
    Diamond Member
    I get that a lot, Simon, sometimes I just don't feel it, you know? As I don't drive, I carry on riding to work only, and it all, eventually comes back.

9. Re: Loosing the urge to ride 
    Platinum Member
    Thanks for the encouragement guys and Girls

I think I am suffering a bit of depression as Its not just the biking that is being affected, I am finding myself getting ratty both at home and at work

But I tend to say things as they are and I used to get into alot of bother for it :-?

Any further training/advanced riding etc is not an option due to finance's But I have thought about having a look at the suspension settings and perhaps do the fork oil but have never done this before so will have to see :-[

Nooj, yes I have done it before but usually the bike has gone within a few days BUT this one is staying put for now as Its the only bike the Mr's has felt comfy on as a pillion :P

10. Re: Loosing the urge to ride 
    Diamond Member
    Sorry to hear you are a bit down Simon. I would urge you not to give up the bike but, suggest you just don't ride it for a while until you feel in the mood again. As has been said it's in your blood. I get a really sore back on a long ride but, try to ignore the pain cos I love being on two wheels so much. I always enjoy our smoke and chat at the pub and look forward to catching up with you again soon. Try and keep your chin up and if you ever fancy a ride just give me a shout mate.