Notices

Thread: Loosing the urge to ride

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Loosing the urge to ride 
    Platinum Member
    Hiya Guys and Girls
    I have slowly but surely been loosing the urge to ride the bike of late I am unsure as to why though, and would appreciate your thoughts on what may be the underlying cause

Don't get me wrong I love the fazer and as far as I know there isn't anything wrong with it But everytime I go out on it I just don't feel comfortable :-/ I do enjoy the meets and rideouts but if I am not enjoying riding then obviously I am not going todo that many. Its a shame because I had always wanted the Thousand but because of insurance costs could never afford one, now I can I dont feel like using it

If it continues then it may well be a case of hanging up the bike gear for good Which is something I don't want todo But will If needs must.

Thanks for reading
    Simon

2. Re: Loosing the urge to ride 
    have you thought about test riding a few different bikes to see if it the bike or just you ? would be a shame to give it up

3. Re: Loosing the urge to ride 
    Platinum Member
    Nice thought Hazel but I am in no position financially to change bikes at the moment :

4. Re: Loosing the urge to ride 
    Platinum Member
    Still doesn't hurt to take a few test rides at least then you know! If you quit riding all together and it is just the bike thats the problem and not you then would be really sucky! It could just be that since you got a thou because you can be more lazy with it your not enjoying riding it so much as you did a smaller bike!
    Geo

5. Re: Loosing the urge to ride 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by silly_simon
    Nice thought Hazel but I am in no position financially to change bikes at the moment :
    Swap it for something you will be less bored of...

I feel you are just not suited to each other and she does not inspire you in that way anymore? Get yourself somebody else and your libedo will return, Simon-san. 8-) Find yourself another who will make you smile when you open the door and see her there all lubed up and ready to ride for an hour or two. Its all about the Toys...

Life is too short not to have the things you want.

6. Re: Loosing the urge to ride 
    Platinum Member
    Darren,
    I don't think its a case of being bored with it

It's just at this present time I would rather < dare I say It > give the car a good thrashing instead of the bike

I'm thinking it could possibly be a confidence issue but there isn't one particular thing to put it down too [smiley=embarassed.gif]

7. Re: Loosing the urge to ride 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NoYou
    Still doesn't hurt to take a few test rides at least then you know! If you quit riding all together and it is just the bike thats the problem and not you then would be really sucky! It could just be that since you got a thou because you can be more lazy with it your not enjoying riding it so much as you did a smaller bike!
    Geo
    The trouble with trying other bikes mate is that with a back problem there isn't that much choice to be honest And I don't think I am quite ready for a cruiser yet ;D ;D

8. Re: Loosing the urge to ride 
    hi ya bud, maybe going on some relaxed ride's to build confidence in the 1000 my help.
    there are still lots of other bikes to try before you get to a cruiser tho bud
    after getting this one ive got its been like lerning again and its not been easy i just wont quit
    i'm sure i'm not the only one that would help if i can

9. Re: Loosing the urge to ride 
    Quote Originally Posted by silly_simon
    [quote author=NoYou link=1308510211/3#3 date=1308510782]Still doesn't hurt to take a few test rides at least then you know! If you quit riding all together and it is just the bike thats the problem and not you then would be really sucky! It could just be that since you got a thou because you can be more lazy with it your not enjoying riding it so much as you did a smaller bike!
    Geo
    The trouble with trying other bikes mate is that with a back problem there isn't that much choice to be honest And I don't think I am quite ready for a cruiser yet ;D ;D[/quote]
    Have you actually tried a sports bike? They are much easier on the back than an upright bike as your weight isn't being transfered down through your spine. I have terrible back problems but never suffer from riding.
    An added bonus of riding a sports bike is that you will look awesome........just like me [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

10. Re: Loosing the urge to ride 
    Diamond Member
    Is is just biking you feel like that about, or anything else your used to enjoy doing that you dont anymore?