Notices

Thread: The joy of old bikes.

1. The joy of old bikes. 
    Just had the great pleasure of renewing the road tax on the Triumph... to the grand tune of £0.00..... suck on that Oiky Ozbourne!!!

How long before the robbing barstewards realise and tax old vehicles to death on "enviromental" grounds remains to be seen.... but, for the time being one tax disc for nada, nowt and nothing.

8-)
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

2. Re: The joy of old bikes. 
    Think me and green man passed you coming into hilperton tonight, we were in the car
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

3. Re: The joy of old bikes. 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon_W
    Just had the great pleasure of renewing the road tax on the Triumph... to the grand tune of £0.00..... suck on that Oiky Ozbourne!!!

How long before the robbing barstewards realise and tax old vehicles to death on "enviromental" grounds remains to be seen.... but, for the time being one tax disc for nada, nowt and nothing.

8-)
    Im not surprised you dont have to tax it when it spends most of its time in kit form

4. Re: The joy of old bikes. 
    Zero road tax is good, it's one of the reasons all mine are on the road all year. Now I've sold the Duke I only pay tax on two and they are both only 350's! 8-)

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

5. Re: The joy of old bikes. 
    Quote Originally Posted by 470four
    [quote author=Jon_W link=1308856516/0#0 date=1308856516]Just had the great pleasure of renewing the road tax on the Triumph... to the grand tune of £0.00..... suck on that Oiky Ozbourne!!!

8-)
    Im not surprised you dont have to tax it when it spends most of its time in kit form
    [/quote]

;D ;D
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

6. Re: The joy of old bikes. 
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabz
    Think me and green man passed you coming into hilperton tonight, we were in the car
    Probably. Went out. Was going slowly though!!!!

7. Re: The joy of old bikes. 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon_W
    [quote author=Dabz link=1308856516/1#1 date=1308860430]Think me and green man passed you coming into hilperton tonight, we were in the car
    Probably. Went out. Was going slowly though!!!! [/quote]

Were you collecting bits from an earlier trip??

Im just a bit put-out the Four doesnt fall into the free tax bracket?? Bikes before 1973, no prob... They dont seem to be adjusting this date as the years go by tho?

8. Re: The joy of old bikes. 
    Quote Originally Posted by 470four
    [quote author=Jon_W link=1308856516/5#5 date=1308898163][quote author=Dabz link=1308856516/1#1 date=1308860430]Think me and green man passed you coming into hilperton tonight, we were in the car
    Probably. Went out. Was going slowly though!!!! [/quote]

Were you collecting bits from an earlier trip??

Im just a bit put-out the Four doesnt fall into the free tax bracket?? Bikes before 1973, no prob... They dont seem to be adjusting this date as the years go by tho?
    [/quote]

I was originally 25 years old. But the rules were changed very quickly to set a '72 cut off. There's no sign of this being extended I'm afraid.