Notices

Thread: Diesel :-(

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
  1. Diesel :-( 
    Well, the lovely weather didn't make a jot of difference to me, as I rode home from work yesterday. Pootling across the Virgin Mobile roundabout on the White Horse Business Park in Trowbridge, doing no more than 35mph, hit fresh diesel, and met the tarmac. It's so annoying. There was so much diesel down that it coated my gyres, actually flicking off and coating the inside of the mudguards, and soaking my jacket. Bizarrely, within seconds, Holly McLennan and Stuart Powell turned up independently. Phoenix recovered my bike, Stuart called Police, and Holly hung around to give me a lift home. The Police arrived promptly, and set about warning other bikers, and organising the Highways Agency to do a clean up. It was scary watching another lad ride his 125 crosser across the spill, wearing jeans and T-shirt.

I've got to thank everyone who came to my assistance. It's so annoying. If it was a spill because of the way I was riding, I'd put my hands up and admit it was my own fault. But when it turns out to be someone's lack of consideration, I find it infuriating. The bike has sustained superficial damage, the worst of which is a written off titanium Acropovic. I've got a very painful knee, along with a bruised shoulder. I'm glad I was wearing the right gear.

To anyone who thinks it's cool to ride wearing T-shirt and jeans, I hope you don't suffer the same misfortune, because it'll hurt a lot more than my spill... >
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    www.ablemotorcycletraining.co.uk
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

2. Re: Diesel :-( 
    Sorry to hear that mate, just makes you wonder how long it had been on the road and whether anyone else had bothered to call the police/highways agency to clear it up

At least you are ok

3. Re: Diesel :-( 
    I reckon it was very fresh. Followed the trail all the way to West Wilts Trading Estate, but couldn't locate the exact culprit...
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    www.ablemotorcycletraining.co.uk
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

4. Re: Diesel :-( 
    Platinum Member
    Ahh that sucks m8, I don't think a lot of car drivers realise how slippery diesel is, almost came off in a petrol station a while ago because somebody had obv sprayed diesel all over the place and not bothered telling anyone when I told a mate of mine who only did his test recently he'd never been told about it... kinda weird tbh.
    Hope you get yourself and the bike sorted soon.
    Geo

5. Re: Diesel :-( 
    Good to hear that it's only superficial damage to you mate, tho a written off akropovic isn't good - makes you sick that whoever spilt it probably hasn't given it a second thought!
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

6. Re: Diesel :-( 
    Not good. Glad you are ok though. x

7. Re: Diesel :-( 
    That sucks mark. glad your ok - the knee hope you can fix your fazer otherwise you might HAVE TOO get new one lol.
    My dad fell off due to disel on road lots years back, broke his leg off work for 6 months your lucky.

8. Re: Diesel :-( 
    Glad your ok fella.
    "the empty can rattles the most!"

https://www.facebook.com/neil.hudd

9. Re: Diesel :-( 
    Platinum Member
    Kinda grates that people can still afford to fill up with MORE than enough diesel??

Must have been a truck or similar... sucks that we still have to gimp around corners & roundabouts in the middle of summer on dry roads for fear that somebody has splashed oil all over the road. > :

10. Re: Diesel :-( 
    Diamond Member
    Not good news Mark. Least low speed & not too much damage apart from the Ak can
    Glad your OK [smiley=thumbup.gif]