Notices

Thread: Bike test changing (again)...

1. Bike test changing (again)... 
    Lee and I are off to a seminar being held by DSA regarding the latest changes to the bike test. As you may (or may not) be aware, the Module 1 test had a revamp from 16th May, with more flexibility on speed for the two speed measured manouevres. We believe this is to pre-empt a move back to testing on the road, as part of a single module test. Whilst we would welcome a single test, we don't believe the required manouevres can be carried out on the road safely. We'll report more, after the seminar on 6th July. :-/
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    www.ablemotorcycletraining.co.uk
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

2. Re: Bike test changing (again)... 
    It'll be interesting to see what changes are implemented!
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

3. Re: Bike test changing (again)... 
    Your days out sound so exciting. The rest of us are so jealous.

4. Re: Bike test changing (again)... 
    Heard about someone doing their driving test 2 weeks ago where they weren't asked to do an emergency stop or turn in the road or reversing around the corner, as apparently it's no longer a requirement....???!!!! How can an emergency stop not be a requirement in a car?? Takes the p*** when you fail mod 1 for not reaching the required speed before doing the emergency stop - or for that matter, stopping with front forks in the centre of that box... Maybe they should introduce a form of mod 1 for cars? not relax it to the extent they don't even have to do these manoevres?

5. Re: Bike test changing (again)... 
    No. Testing should be about safety and competancy. In neither the car or motorcycle case should it be reduced to a govermental "tick box" exercise. Why can we not allow instructors and examininers to do their jobs and instruct and/or asses.

Trust me, the bike test going back on the road will be an excuse for more silly and pointless manouvers.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

6. Re: Bike test changing (again)... 
    Quote Originally Posted by Davehsw
    Your days out sound so exciting. The rest of us are so jealous.
    If you'd like to come along Dave, I'm sure you'd be most welcome... ;D
    Oh hang on. You know what the DSA is all about. Maybe best to stay at home and do something more constructive, like ironing... :
    Just in case I miss anything important, I might use my dictaphone. But as I think it was Spike Milligan who once said, 'use your finger like everyone else...' ;D
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    www.ablemotorcycletraining.co.uk
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk