Notices

Thread: Apology to the forum

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: Apology to the forum 
    Let's not lose sight of the fact that a forum is actually a place of debate and discussion, for the airing of differing viewpoints and arguments back and forth concerning their respective merits. We've agreed to play nice, but if we neuter posters and threads to the point that there is no dissent then the forum will become dull and worthless.

If I feel that something is bollocks I'll still say so, but I'll keep personal aspects out of it, and everyone else is at liberty to disagree with me and to have their say in return, and I won't take offence over it. Yes, I am arrogant and opinionated, but who the hell would watch X-Factor if Mr Cowell wasn't on it?

Right, time to trawl through the recent posts to see whom else I can offend....
    ;D ;D ;D ;D

RSVP....
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

2. Re: Apology to the forum 
    This where I say I have never watched X factor and am happy to keep it that way 8-)

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

3. Re: Apology to the forum 
    change of subject completely but.......

where does everyone keep getting those wicked little smiley/icon thingy's?? They are ace lol

4. Re: Apology to the forum 
    Quote Originally Posted by Tina

where does everyone keep getting those wicked little smiley/icon thingy's?? They are ace lol
    what about these??
    There's no feelin' like 2 wheelin'

5. Re: Apology to the forum 
    Quote Originally Posted by Tina

I run a non bike related forum or 2 and i have them on there. google is good though for finding fun smileys

6. Re: Apology to the forum 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty
    Let's not lose sight of the fact that a forum is actually a place of debate and discussion, for the airing of differing viewpoints and arguments back and forth concerning their respective merits. We've agreed to play nice, but if we neuter posters and threads to the point that there is no dissent then the forum will become dull and worthless.

If I feel that something is bollocks I'll still say so, but I'll keep personal aspects out of it, and everyone else is at liberty to disagree with me and to have their say in return, and I won't take offence over it. Yes, I am arrogant and opinionated, but who the hell would watch X-Factor if Mr Cowell wasn't on it?

Right, time to trawl through the recent posts to see whom else I can offend....
    ;D ;D ;D ;D

RSVP....
    Yes a forum is a place of debate etc. But when "debate" actualy means open... hostility? (can't think of the right word...) then it becomes a different matter debate is good arguments are bad. If youjr debating somthing then that involves have a view point and also have reasons for those viewpoints! If you say somthing without anything to back it up then its not a debate its crap...
    Geo

7. Re: Apology to the forum 
    Diamond Member
    i dont think anyone took sides over any comment, everyone on here has their good and bad points, and personal differences are a part of normal day life, i dont think any comments made by anyone would influence anyone elses personal view of the "attacker/attackee" so no harm done all round...

lets ride!

8. Re: Apology to the forum 
    Good

Oh yes indeedy loads of funny smilies out in t'internetland Beamer

...ooooooooooooopppps !!!!! ;D

Is the pub open ???
    I need amusement in my sad life and it looks, very much, like you fit this requirement admirably..............begin the amusement!!!!!

9. Re: Apology to the forum 
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty
    but who the hell would watch X-Factor....
    And why would anyone want to watch that anyway?? :exclamation [smiley=vrolijk_1.gif]

10. Re: Apology to the forum 
    Oh I dunno, it's quite a giggle when they're sifting through all the total no-hopers and pondlife ;D ;D ;D I've never bothered with it once they've got past that stage...
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen