Notices

Thread: Short fuse !!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Short fuse !! 
    Don't know why but increasingly I have been struggling with bloody cyclists everywhere and several times have found mesen 'out of position' on the road passing them with them not having any gap to get into or cars in the middle of the road, even on bends, overtaking them----aaarrrrrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhh!!!!

Honestly it has got worse and their groups are getting bigger so are now all over the road---s'pose WB rideouts are too but at least we don't go at 15 mph :
    I need amusement in my sad life and it looks, very much, like you fit this requirement admirably..............begin the amusement!!!!!

2. Re: Short fuse !! 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Col
    Don't know why but increasingly I have been struggling with bloody cyclists everywhere and several times have found mesen 'out of position' on the road passing them with them not having any gap to get into or cars in the middle of the road, even on bends, overtaking them----aaarrrrrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhh!!!!

Honestly it has got worse and their groups are getting bigger so are now all over the road---s'pose WB rideouts are too but at least we don't go at 15 mph :
    Getting old and grumpy Col - not like me. lol ;D

3. Re: Short fuse !! 
    mmmmmm Ken but I'd not be surprised if some day soon we read about some incident.

Cannot believe I'm the only one to notice their increased numbers Overtaking a line of lorries one by one only to discover a guy in all the gear pedalling at 20 mph for all he's worth is not unusual :
    I need amusement in my sad life and it looks, very much, like you fit this requirement admirably..............begin the amusement!!!!!

4. Re: Short fuse !! 
    Platinum Member
    Agreed... most seem to position themselves about 3 foot out from the kerb??!

Bloody liability... >

5. Re: Short fuse !! 

Totally agree.

also what's with them riding 2 or 3 abreast on the road ffs?? > >

Pain in the arse I say.

Roxy x

6. Re: Short fuse !! 
    You guys (and girl) should be prepared for any hazzard or obsticle in the road. It you get caught out then that just means you are riding too fast, beyond your capability or just not paying attention.
    The reason they ride 2 abreast is because is stops people trying to squeeze past at 60 mph when there is no gap. TBH they should pose no problem for a motorbike.
    Don't blame the cyclists, blame drivers driving too close and not indicating around them and blocking your view and don't ever lose your temper. You will lose focus and at best it will ruin your ride.

7. Re: Short fuse !! 
    Quote Originally Posted by dan_geoghegan
    You guys (and girl) should be prepared for any hazzard or obsticle in the road. It you get caught out then that just means you are riding too fast, beyond your capability or just not paying attention.
    The reason they ride 2 abreast is because is stops people trying to squeeze past at 60 mph when there is no gap. TBH they should pose no problem for a motorbike.
    Don't blame the cyclists, blame drivers driving too close and not indicating around them and blocking your view and don't ever lose your temper. You will lose focus and at best it will ruin your ride.
    Totally agree with whats you have said..im a keen cyclist as well as an avid Motorbike rider..its hard enough and dangerous enough on the roads these days with careless car drivers and murderous Van and lorry drivers intent on trying to kill a cyclist..i find it pretty sad that of all people..BIKERS are now whinging about people who are simply trying to keep fit,not congest the place up and using green eco-friendly transport..give cyclists a break and perhaps a few of the more lardarse biker types should trade in their rides and give peddling a go..you never know..you might even enjoy it

8. Re: Short fuse !! 
    Quote Originally Posted by 470four
    Agreed... most seem to position themselves about 3 foot out from the kerb??!

Bloody liability... >
    Have you seen the stae of the roads.... on a cycle you have to ride out from the edge to avoid the pot holes!!! The roads are a menace!! You then have to balance that with the to55ers in powered vehicle who "own" the road.... is a mare, and not getting better!!

I do agree about riding two or three abreast when there is traffic about, it is inconciderate. However before critisising cyclist you should all give it a go!!
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

9. Re: Short fuse !! 
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon_W
    However before critisising cyclist you should all give it a go!!
    It's not all cyclists but you do find some that are a reet pain! I do ride my 'push' bike to work when the wx allows! I also have a basket on the front to carry my flowers & shopping in!!! na na na na na :P

Roxy ;D

I also find horses on the roads a pain too! :P

10. Re: Short fuse !! 
    I thought the basket was for the R6..... would suit it!!!

I don't mind any other road user, as long as they are considerate. It's the ignorant ones that get my goat!
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"