Notices

Thread: Dont do as I did - Tax Disc

1. Dont do as I did - Tax Disc 
    Yesterday I went for a 125 + mile ride and stopped for a coffee at Compton Abbas airfield cafe, which is always good for a chuckle.

When I walked back to my bike I spotted that my tax disc ran out at the end of August. I had the new one sat in a safe place in the kitchen at home. I renewed it on line the day the reminder dropped through the letter box some weeks ago. It was too early to fit so I put it in the kitchen cupboard and promptly forgot it !

Maybe in future I shall just fit it when I get it. As I generally don't leave the bike unattended and plod seem to rely on ANPR the chances of getting spotted are slim and I would only be failing to display the old disc, which I could keep in my wallet.

2. Re: Dont do as I did - Tax Disc 
    Mine are changed over the minute I get the new one through - I've never even thought that it might be a problem not displaying the old one until it runs out!
    100 Japanese horses now unmuzzled! Derestricted hooliganism has commenced...

3. Re: Dont do as I did - Tax Disc 
    I think a tax disc is a valid until and not a from and to, therefore when you get your new tax disc you can display it straight away.
    Like you Loops, I always put my new tax disc on as soon as it arrives and I've never had a problem either.
    It's Lilac... not pink!

4. Re: Dont do as I did - Tax Disc 
    :-[ i ahvent had tax disc on show for 1 year.........the mrs threw my new tax disc out last time by accident....and this time its just sat in a draw.....i REALLY must put it back on i guess

5. Re: Dont do as I did - Tax Disc 
    I think you get five days grace to display a tax disc ordered online in case of postal problems, provided it's ordered before the old one runs out - there's something about it on the reminder form.

I probably wouldn't want to put that to the test though

6. Re: Dont do as I did - Tax Disc 
    Best to change your tax disc as soon as you get the new one. You must display a valid tax disc at all times....
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"