Notices

Thread: Selling the 1400 - advice/opinions appreciated...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: Selling the 1400 - advice/opinions appreciated... 
    Hi Martin. A lovely looking bike. I'd put it away until the springtime and then advertise it on E-Bay for 5 grand. Don't accept anything less!! The Final Edition model is the most sought after as it was the last to be made until new EU regs killed it off in Europe.
    I had been after one for the past year and road tested a few but most had been messed about with and most 1400's suffered with front fork and engine side casings corrosion. Trouble was, the missus was interested in biking as well but due to her mobilty problems, couldn't get on the back of the 1400 (pegs too high) so I've settled with a CBF1000 with full luggage and this suits her perfectly (all her make up in one pannier and the refreshments in the other). I seem to remember that the performance exhaust on the FE was standard issue. Good luck with the bike. A lovely bit of kit!! 8-)

2. Re: Selling the 1400 - advice/opinions appreciated... 
    Quote Originally Posted by gibbo
    Hi Martin. A lovely looking bike. I'd put it away until the springtime and then advertise it on E-Bay for 5 grand. Don't accept anything less!! The Final Edition model is the most sought after as it was the last to be made until new EU regs killed it off in Europe.
    I had been after one for the past year and road tested a few but most had been messed about with and most 1400's suffered with front fork and engine side casings corrosion. Trouble was, the missus was interested in biking as well but due to her mobilty problems, couldn't get on the back of the 1400 (pegs too high) so I've settled with a CBF1000 with full luggage and this suits her perfectly (all her make up in one pannier and the refreshments in the other). I seem to remember that the performance exhaust on the FE was standard issue. Good luck with the bike. A lovely bit of kit!! 8-)
    Oh forgot!! Leave the luggage on, good selling point. 8-)