Notices

Thread: Re Conduct, Attitude & Abuse

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Re Conduct, Attitude & Abuse 
    James

Both myself & Pat were shocked to have read this. I have been a member for quite some time and do not tend to go to meets or on rideouts but love the forum.

We were both upset to read that people have been abusive to others and would expect anyone who joins a forum are doing it to enjoy others company, rideouts or just chat with other like minded people whether face to face or online.

We would like the forum to continue and any help or support we can offer feel free to contact us

Kev & Pat

2. Re: Re Conduct, Attitude & Abuse 
    Have not been on many if any rideouts with the WBs for a long time but the few good folks i have come across over the years from the forum have been friendly types and despite most being country folk from the wilds of Wiltshire i have been pleasantly suprised that you are not all cross eyed,dribbly types despite your strange accents ;D

3. Re: Re Conduct, Attitude & Abuse 
    Platinum Member
    Didn't realise all that was going on, I've always been made to feel welcome despite being from the posh county next door 8-)

This is one of the best forums I've been on as far as the variety and balance of age, gender and riding experience goes. It'd be a real shame for a whole load of people if it was closed down

If the protagonists aren't happy here, maybe they should go somewhere else?
    www.shinybikesyndrome.co.uk - Protection through innovation

4. Re: Re Conduct, Attitude & Abuse 
    Quote Originally Posted by wasted_ace
    Have not been on many if any rideouts with the WBs for a long time but the few good folks i have come across over the years from the forum have been friendly types and despite most being country folk from the wilds of Wiltshire i have been pleasantly suprised that you are not all cross eyed,dribbly types despite your strange accents ;D

Ha! Says the bloke from Bristol! ;D ;D ;D
    "the empty can rattles the most!"

https://www.facebook.com/neil.hudd

5. Re: Re Conduct, Attitude & Abuse 
    I was also not aware of problems, until seeing this and then reading Dabz sticky'd post.

As an occasional ride-out hound, but daily user of this site, I am stunned that he has recieved unpleasant texts. I am sorry that you have experienced this (and other people by the looks of it too).

It would be a crying shame if this forum went, of several regional forums that overlap Bristol it is the best (southwest bikers close behind) and the culture of banter and real-life stuff on here is spot-on. If the worst happens I would fully understand though, abuse by telecoms is illegal and via text is pretty dodgy.

Let's all hope that Dabz clear warning will see the end of it and we can return to being a really good local motorcycle forum.

6. Re: Re Conduct, Attitude & Abuse 
    It's actually really encouraging not only the number of message of support we've had but also that a lot of the members didn't realise what was happening. My main concern was the view of the members.

Thanks guys
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

7. Re: Re Conduct, Attitude & Abuse 
    Diamond Member
    James, I accept that I have alot to say at times and can be a bit over zealous (I think it’s the free spirit biker in me) in expressing my views. I always try however, to stay within the confines of the debate under discussion and avoid getting personal.

I agree, WB is an excellent forum and you, Judy and all the management committee do an excellent job. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

I believe it is totally unacceptable for any member of the team to be subjected to verbal personal abuse whether by text or PM. In the words of the song, “Please don’t go.”

8. Re: Re Conduct, Attitude & Abuse 
    Diamond Member
    James - I think you smell of wee! ;D ;D ;D

But have to echo the sentiments above, WB rocks!

9. Re: Re Conduct, Attitude & Abuse 
    Banned
    That's a shame for the admin crew, surely being involved in running the site should be a pleasure, so I understand fully the stance of banning menbers when required. Lets hope this recent change with the problems being encountered can be resolved here and now.

10. Re: Re Conduct, Attitude & Abuse 
    'If I receive any more abusive text messages'

Dabz - who has sent you abusive text messages? if they are that bad then surely that person should be named and shamed and the first to be banned for sending abusive text messages to you personally?

I don't want to enter a mass debate on this subject and I am not 'stirring the pot' or 'inciting an arguement' I'm way past all that now. You all know I am pretty outspoken and I was told to wind my neck in earlier this year along with a few others after a disagreement and I have done but that doesn't mean I have to agree with everyone, I usually just choose to ignore it/them and not to post but sometimes things are said and you can't ignore it, that's what makes a forum...free speech (obviously without being racist, abusive, offensive or threatening!!!)

Abusive text messages are not acceptable in any form and no one should have to deal with them but there is only one way to stop it and ensure it doesn't happen again.

Roxy x