Notices

Thread: High Insurance

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Re: High Insurance 
    Platinum Member
    All insurance is expensive these days due to a number of factors (so they say!) >

I am 38 and have been riding on the road for 22 years and a lot longer off road! I have a multi bike policy, never claimed and have just had the renewal through for this year which is £100 more than last! Go Figure!

I changed last year from Carole Nash to Bennetts because of this very thing and now Bennetts are extracting the urine! I will be shopping around for sure. Always play the companies off against each other as they will move on price to get your business but itll help you a lot to get some no claims under your belt first. They will take you more seriously once you have proven you aren't one of the knobheads that push our premiums up

Good luck!

2. Re: High Insurance 
    Platinum Member
    Would that be you all seem to agree its expensive?
    You age and lack of experience are making it expensive.
    If you tried the comparison sites then you'll have a pretty good idea of the market.

It's even better for us old chicks
    Be aware that gender discrimination will be outlawed after December 2012, so you might see your premiums rise next year.

3. Re: High Insurance 
    Platinum Member
    Well if i were to get a restricted 600, i'm 19, i would be looking at a hell of a lot more than 66 quid a month! The lowest quote i could get on a 600 was in the £2000+ region, SDP TPO. Doesn't really bother me overly to be honest, still silly money though

4. Re: High Insurance 
    Mine wasn't too bad until I added helmet & leathers cover, legal, protected ncb etc and declared the modifications.
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

5. Re: High Insurance 
    Quote Originally Posted by roxychick
    [quote author=BMWGraeme link=1329817258/7#7 date=1329826616] Its how old geezers like I am pay relatively little for insurance - we had to get through the expensive part as well.
    It's even better for us old chicks nearly 40! the R6 renewal came through and I couldn't beat it! Not bad considering I've only been riding 3 years! Being old does have advantages

Roxy x[/quote]

Even better when your 45 I pay less than £100 a year on a 1000cc

Definately worth shopping around though whatever age/bike/experience/sex you are - amazing how premiums differ.

6. Re: High Insurance 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducatista

Be aware that gender discrimination will be outlawed after December 2012, so you might see your premiums rise next year.
    Will that apply to insurance? I know it will for salaries etc, but it's not discriminatory as far as insurance goes. Women are lower risk than men. That's a fact, not a sexist comment. If it's outlawed across the board, then we should see men able to take 6 months paternity leave if the women want to back to work etc...

Doubt that will hapen though!

7. Re: High Insurance 
    Quote Originally Posted by Squashed_Fly
    [quote author=Ducatista link=1329817258/11#11 date=1329841550]

Will that apply to insurance? I know it will for salaries etc, but it's not discriminatory as far as insurance goes. Women are lower risk than men. That's a fact, not a sexist comment. If it's outlawed across the board, then we should see men able to take 6 months paternity leave if the women want to back to work etc...

Doubt that will hapen though![/quote]

Looks like us ladies are going to be paying more :'(

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/new...urance-pricing

8. Re: High Insurance 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Squashed_Fly
    [quote author=Ducatista link=1329817258/11#11 date=1329841550]

Doubt that will hapen though![/quote]

As far as Vehicle Insurance is concerned the answer is yes, it will apply.

9. Re: High Insurance 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 955i_Triple
    All insurance is expensive these days due to a number of factors (so they say!) >

I am 38 and have been riding on the road for 22 years and a lot longer off road! I have a multi bike policy, never claimed and have just had the renewal through for this year which is £100 more than last! Go Figure!

I changed last year from Carole Nash to Bennetts because of this very thing and now Bennetts are extracting the urine! I will be shopping around for sure. Always play the companies off against each other as they will move on price to get your business but itll help you a lot to get some no claims under your belt first. They will take you more seriously once you have proven you aren't one of the knobheads that push our premiums up

Good luck!
    I jumped from Carole Nash to Bennetts to BMW and back to Carole Nash again in the last 5 years. They can't seem to get themselves out of this cycle of getting new business with competitive pricing and then upping the price at the first renewal. At least I now have multi bike and multi car policies so I only have to do it twice a year.

10. Re: High Insurance 
    Platinum Member
    Crazy isnt it G! Im going to investigate the policies that allow cars and bikes together on the same one so I only have to do it once! ;D