Notices

Thread: Lidle bike gear

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
  1. Re: Lidle bike gear 
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty
    They're your heads guys, you put them in whatever you want, it's a free country.

Question - If a £40 flip-front lid from Lidl is as safe as an Arai, why aren't they permitted on track? :-? :-? :-?
    Its not a £40.00 helmet Scotty....its a rebadged helmet costing alot more sold at a loss by Lidl,s(a very common marketing strategy by supermarkets lol).As for safety,its as safe as any other flip up helmet on the market and in the sharp test has beaten a few of your precious arai,s......as for our heads and a free country...tell me something i dont know lol

2. Re: Lidle bike gear 
    Diamond Member
    I did buy a great vacume cleaner there though for less than £40 which will do for the garage plus it has reverse gear so it blows as well - will use it as a dryer on the bikes so they don't get put to bed all damp and cold ;D

3. Re: Lidle bike gear 
    I can think of one 675 Daytona riding man who could do with the cuban heeled boots as their low triumph gel seat isn't quite low enough......

You can get some good stuff in LIDL, just need to be a little discerning. Their gel inserts for shoes are generally very good, in fact better than what Alpinestars deemed good enough for my boots (comfier to walk in and cut down on the vibration) , now have a set in my dog walking boots, and my weekend walking boots too. Well worth £2.99 or whatever

4. Re: Lidle bike gear 
    had a look at some of the gear on show..wasn;t very impressed with any of it(personal opinion),,helmet felt cheap/poor fit..boots were never going to fit, gloves seemed to be summer use only,cant comment on the thermal wear as never used/needed it..
    however Aldi has a bike gear event from the 1st of march so will have a look to see if there is anything better there..need a new pair of winter gloves..
    ride to work,work to live,live to ride

5. Re: Lidle bike gear 
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabb
    I bought some of the body thermal gear - very cumfy indeed
    (better than merino by the way)
    I will buy a helmet for my better half elsewhere - fit was poor for her head shape.
    Ah, hang on. Merino is a different kettle of fish.
    I have a lot of these man made fibre thermals for snowboarding and mountain biking and you are right the fit is amazing but merino beats them hands down due to the fact that it stays warm when wet and never smells and being a sweaty b*stard, it comes in real handy.

6. Re: Lidle bike gear 
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikki

I guess you mean the Sharp rating?

http://sharp.direct.gov.uk/
    I like the look on the Nexx XR1R Carbon
    http://formotorbikes.com/nexx-xr1r-carbon-white.html
    Not listed at sharp
    Not that I can afford it anyway :P