Notices

Thread: Mobile Tyre fitters?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Mobile Tyre fitters? 
    Do you think you would have much call for mobile motorcycle tyre fitters in wiltshire/gloucestershire?

It's looking like I need a secdond income, like many others in the country at the moment. A second income from my own business would be better.
    I was thinking about purchasing a catering trailer but having no perm pitch that I could make a good return on it has to be selved sadly.

Web disign is very slow at the moment and I end up doing it for ntohing for people starting out to help them get going so not really worth anything.

Mobile tyre fitting with out of hours call outs etc. thoguht it might be a good idea. Not sure if it would be cost effective

2. Re: Mobile Tyre fitters? 
    Not sure. Have you tried the powers of Google mate? :-?

3. Re: Mobile Tyre fitters? 
    Quote Originally Posted by garvey2003
    Do you think you would have much call for mobile motorcycle tyre fitters in wiltshire/gloucestershire?

It's looking like I need a secdond income, like many others in the country at the moment. A second income from my own business would be better.
    I was thinking about purchasing a catering trailer but having no perm pitch that I could make a good return on it has to be selved sadly.

Web disign is very slow at the moment and I end up doing it for ntohing for people starting out to help them get going so not really worth anything.

Mobile tyre fitting with out of hours call outs etc. thoguht it might be a good idea. Not sure if it would be cost effective
    Think you'd struggle to make a decent return/profit when you think about the travel costs and the equipment and marketing costs you'd have to incur to get it up and going.

4. Re: Mobile Tyre fitters? 
    I would LOVE a mobile tyre fitters but I think you'd probably have to charge too much to make it worth it.

I take my wheels in loose MAINLY because it's about £30 extra just to have someone remove and refit the wheels and I'm a skinflint AND because I'm paranoid and would have to go around and recheck all the bolts so why pay someone £30 extra if I'm going to go around all the bolts anyway HOWEVER if that £30 extra were to have someone turn up to work and do it so it wasn't a pain in the neck with times and not being late for work I would definitley go for it

5. Re: Mobile Tyre fitters? 
    Sounds like a relistic idea I am not sure who I would call if I had a flat on my bike and unable to get it to a tyre company, its not like I have a spare, maybe ask around see if you get a possitive responce ??
    Perhaps do a survey at a large bike meet.

I my experience if you are dedicated, hard working and believe 100% in your product or service you can make a go of it. However do not look at as a quick fix for a cash shortage it will take time to build a customer base.

It is better to have tried and not suceeded than to have never of tried at all.

6. Re: Mobile Tyre fitters? 
    Been browsing google and spoken to a some guys who run a mobile tyre fitters up north and the profits can be good if you put all your time in and buy a lot of tyre stock.

Im looking at the longer picture too, I want something I can still do in say 10 years time. Bank robbery? I could still do that in ten years time

7. Re: Mobile Tyre fitters? 
    its a big out lay,but i would def use you and pass ur name about,had quite a few asking me bout tyres,so i send them up the road to my local dealer

8. Re: Mobile Tyre fitters? 
    Don't mean to be negative here but have you looked at the costs you'd have to incur just to get up and going? I know someone who did this and spent £25k on a van, equipment, compressor and insurance just to set up. You've got to fit a heck of a lot of tyres to get that back, cover your running costs and make a realistic profit.

9. Re: Mobile Tyre fitters? 
    Platinum Member
    I would happily pay for someone to fit tyres mobile.
    In fact I had someone here on Monday.

However a lot of bikers are skinflints, so as others have said I think you need to research the viability of the business.

10. Re: Mobile Tyre fitters? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducatista
    ...a lot of bikers are skinflints, so as others have said I think you need to research the viability of the business.
    Would that be cost conscious and financially astute ;D ;D