Notices

Thread: Compulsary excess

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Compulsary excess 
    The last few years i've seen my insurance come down but my excess go up.
    £650 seems to be the standard at the moment. Has anyone else had this?

2. Re: Compulsary excess 

You have a hight excess!!!! My insurance and excess has stayed about the same over the last few years.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

3. Re: Compulsary excess 
    Mine has dropped every year, I'm now at £150 compulsary for mine.
    People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.

http://tbex.co.uk/

4. Re: Compulsary excess 
    mine's gone up over the last few years, but I don't know whether that's because I've gone from an £800 bike to a £5500 one, or whether it's the general insurance industry. Comments here suggest the former!
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

5. Re: Compulsary excess 
    Platinum Member
    I suspect it's because insurers want to provide the cheapest quote to get the business as many people will simply choose the cheapest quote.
    Often the only way to acheive this is to cut back somewhere.

So be aware, cheapest is not always best.

Other issues could be expensive phone numbers, expensive charges, reduced cover (e.g. removal of driving/riding other vehicles), charges for using a different garage, use of reconditioned parts etc.

Cheapest is not always best and you need to be dilligent about what you are purchasing.

6. Re: Compulsary excess 
    If you are shopping online try a few values for your compulsary excess as you might find your premium doesn't change as you move the excess down or at least only go up a bit. I do it for car, bike and house insurance. Also make sure your don't overstate your annual mileage as this will affect premiums. Sometimes your can change your mileage without affecting premiums. My car it didn't make a difference whether I put 6k or 10k miles into the calculator

7. Re: Compulsary excess 
    my renewal has come through this week and i noticed the £700 excess (was £250) - a quick look on a comparison site and i found a cheaper renewal with half the excess

8. Re: Compulsary excess 
    Platinum Member
    3 endorsements on my license, and last year it was £140 fully comp for the 9r, £250 excess. This year, £360 with the endorsements and a non fault claim, on the 929, and a £450 excess, i tested it without the non-fault claim, and it was £180, £250 excess, sheeting hell.

9. Re: Compulsary excess 
    Platinum Member
    Have you thought about claiming back the increased premium from the liable party?

10. Re: Compulsary excess 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducatista
    Have you thought about claiming back the increased premium from the liable party?
    At me?

According to my solicitors, a non fault should not affect my insurance, they reckon this is not claimable, which is obviously b*ll*cks.