Notices

Thread: WHICH BIKE!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. WHICH BIKE! 
    I was going to fix my beloved yamaha thundercat. But after consideration, I can't be bothered. Its just going to be so much work and Im really getting horribly jealous of everyone else out there. I would just like to get somthing for upto £2000 thats going to be a good runner.

Has anyone got any reviews or opinions on the Kawa er6-n/f bikes? They seem to be fairly cheap, meaning theyre pants?

Any particular bikes that look nice, go well and are reliable?

been told that kawa zx7 bikes are well built, not too sure on looks so far.

2. Re: WHICH BIKE! 
    Might need a little more info than that my friend.
    You've just mentioned 2 bikes that come from the same stable but are completely different animals.

Where do you ride? How far? How fast? Who with? And for how long?

or just get a red one. Red ones are good.

3. Re: WHICH BIKE! 
    If you want one that's reliable, then a Honda CBR springs to mind - and they aren't too expensive either as there are so many of them. Better build quality than a Kawak (comparing my two Hondas to my neighbours two Kawaks!)

Not going to be setting any speed records, but I like mine
    100 Japanese horses now unmuzzled! Derestricted hooliganism has commenced...

4. Re: WHICH BIKE! 
    :question As above what are your main usages for the bike, this will give us a better idea of what would fit your bill the best?.

5. Re: WHICH BIKE! 
    Hyo do a cracking 650 :
    onwards and upwards and sometimes a little sidewards....

6. Re: WHICH BIKE! 
    I will mainly use the bike for upto 80 mile trips, so needs a bit of comfort. Would prefer to keep in the 600 range or similar due to MPG really. Im in my first year and havn't got the 1 year no claims discount yet so will be looking at lower insurance brackets if possible.

7. Re: WHICH BIKE! 
    Just seen your avatar picture. How about a ZZR 600, cheap, proven track record and plenty about. A pretty good all rounder while you rebuild your thundercat.

8. Re: WHICH BIKE! 
    I dont have the mental brains or anything to take the engine out and the gearbox, it'll take me an age and I have no idea what im doing with gearboxes..

well and truely fed up great weather and my bike broke after a day being MOT'd. FML..

I have until thursday to decide to fix or break and get new bike

9. Re: WHICH BIKE! 
    Diamond Member
    Sv is a great commutermobile. Fast (the 1000) and sure as heck comfy. Best thing you can do is test ride as many as possible anyway, see which one feels better for you.

10. Re: WHICH BIKE! 
    Quote Originally Posted by Morticia
    Sv is a great commutermobile. Fast (the 1000) and sure as heck comfy. Best thing you can do is test ride as many as possible anyway, see which one feels better for you.
    +1. Agreed. Sv every time.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"