Notices

Thread: Hot battery

1. Hot battery 
    I popped out for a spin as you do, when i got back the bike was starting to miss a bit, to cut a long one short ive removed the battery and it was proper hot, as in cant hold it, and it looked like a leak from the battery body/seal, the main one not the snap in strip. any ideas?the battery is only 1 month old, and i need to get it fixed before next Saturdays Castle Coombe event. cheers wes

2. Re: Hot battery 
    Have you still got the receipt as would have thought it would still be under guarantee?

3. Re: Hot battery 
    Yes mate, still under the 1yr guarantee so i will pop it back for a test, but ive been reliably informed it may be the regulator/rectifier so i will be looking into that too

4. Re: Hot battery 
    Ah nice one, sounds like a plan. Hope you get it sorted bud [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

5. Re: Hot battery 
    That leak sounds like the acid boiling!!!! I'd get the electrics of the bike checked at the same time. Sounds like you have a short circuit somwhere!!! Check the starter motor as well.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

6. Re: Hot battery 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon_W
    That leak sounds like the acid boiling!!!! I'd get the electrics of the bike checked at the same time. Sounds like you have a short circuit somwhere!!! Check the starter motor as well.
    a blown rectifier would have the same effect Jon, when the rec went on mine it was pumping upwards of 17.5V through the battery, had exactly the same happen

7. Re: Hot battery 
    I know. Have also seen a starter motor go east and do that.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

8. Re: Hot battery 
    thanks for the advice got the new battery (replacement) today, fitted a new solenoid which i had handy and the regulator is on the way, hope that sorts it