Notices

Thread: Gutted isnt the word! Annoyed!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
  1. Gutted isnt the word! Annoyed! 
    Hi all,

I am placing this as a warning to all. I bought a bike from on the internet and I have had nothing but issues with it! Clutch plates have gone which I need some help with so, Ive placed a thread on Technical Help / Riding tips & Training and my exhaust has gone and Ive got a little leak!

Cannot belive it! Had it 3 weeks (I havent even received my V5 yet ). This company were very nice at selling me the bike but did not respond to my emails and calls when it went bad!

I bought the bike for £1600 and my insurance on that came to nearly £2000! I just dont have the money to hand for extensive repairs!

What do I do? Do I scrap the bike (it runs and had an MOT and Tax) or sell it for someone for a project or do I keep it and sort the repairs out.

I can fix the exhaust this month, but the clutch plates is a new issue which was found out today. I dont know the price of this.

I am so, fed up. They sold me a complete pile of *****

All I want to do is get back to riding after my time off for my disability.

Talk about a downer lol

Thanks all

Maz

2. Re: Gutted isnt the word! Annoyed! 
    depends how much you like that particular bike, if its the bike for you then repair but if you do sell, be honest about the issues or list as spare/repair for sale.

hope you get sorted either way
    onwards and upwards and sometimes a little sidewards....

3. Re: Gutted isnt the word! Annoyed! 
    Yeah, I am always honest.

I will be losing a lot of money on it if I sell it. This is due to the issues.

I was thinking of £600 due to the fact it still runs and that will has an MOT and tax also they are rare bikes now.

I am annoyed that people arnt honest when selling!

I suppose I am too honest thats my issue!

Thanks

4. Re: Gutted isnt the word! Annoyed! 
    I was thinking of selling it next year in Sept when my restriction runs out.

Just I wasnt thinking of the amount it would cost me to fix it considering nothing was mentioned about anything when I bought it.

I can make a decision if I new a rough price of the clutch plate that will need to be replaced. If its going to cost about 200 thats ok but anything more then ill get rid.

5. Re: Gutted isnt the word! Annoyed! 
    Diamond Member
    What is the actual issue with the clutch?

6. Re: Gutted isnt the word! Annoyed! 
    I have problems with the rpm. Its like the engines rpm isnt matching the speed and its so slow then at about 50mpg the bike catches up and actually goes! Its like when someone doesnt change gear when they are meant to! Really loud...

The biting part of the clutch is nearly all the way out, I hardly need to touch it for it to move and the same with the changing of the gear.

7. Re: Gutted isnt the word! Annoyed! 
    Does the Sale of Goods Act not apply? If you bought this bike (new or 2nd hand) from a business?

Might be a question for Ducatista, I think she works in something to do with legal things.

If I were you though, I would be pursuing the company I bought the bike from, even go to Trading Standards for help, rather than taking a massive loss on something that you have just bought that isn't fit for purpose.

Sorry to hear you got shafted tho :'(

8. Re: Gutted isnt the word! Annoyed! 
    Platinum Member
    You have 6 months from date of sale, before then the dealer has to prove the faults were not there at point of sale, you need to contact this shower.

9. Re: Gutted isnt the word! Annoyed! 
    It says my warrenty is for 1 month only or 280 miles....

10. Re: Gutted isnt the word! Annoyed! 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Maz
    It says my warrenty is for 1 month only or 280 miles....
    You still have your statutory rights irrespective of what the dealer told you abou warranty. This assumes its a dealer of some description and it wasn't a private sale. There's the distance selling legislation, as well as fit for purpose etc.

How did you pay them? Cash, credit card?

As Mitch says it sounds like the clutch is slipping and it may just need adjustment or a new cable anyway.