Notices

Thread: Torquw Wrench hire

1. Torquw Wrench hire 
    Does anybody know where i can hire a Torque Wrench from needs to be minimum of 10NM/7FTlb bolts for camshaft holders
    I phone a couple of places but its a no go.

2. Re: Torquw Wrench hire 
    Diamond Member
    I have one you are welcome to borrow Alan - where do you live and when do you need it?

3. Re: Torquw Wrench hire 
    Think ive got one too if Redken1 lives to far away
    When it's your time to go it's your time, so don't let it catch you.

4. Re: Torquw Wrench hire 
    Thanks Redken
    Im in Monkton Farleigh(between Bradford on Avon and Batheaston was hoping to do it this weekend but i think it will be next weekend now,but that all depends on the weather as i got no garage and what is covered, there is not enough room to sort it if it rains.
    What i dont want to do is borrow it and then unable to do the job for a few weeks then you need it in the mean time thats why i was thinking of hiring one as it prob be short notice and more local.Having said that Frome isnt to far away.
    My Torque wrench only goes down to 10ftlb > by turning the micro scale it can go lower to seven, not sure if that would work as its off the engraved scale on the handle.
    Thanks Conehead but Salisbury is a bit to far.
    I'll PM you Redken early next week let you know whats happening if i need it or when.

5. Re: Torquw Wrench hire 
    If you can find one, get one with a scale that goes lower than 10Nm, it'll be more accurate than one that starts at 10. I found this to my cost last year, using a Draper 3/8" torque wrench that started at 10Nm to refit he clutch in my off-roader. I wasn't happy with it and my fears were realised when it over-tightened one of the spring bolts and split the post > Annoying, probably repairable but I bought another clutch basket for the Spain trip...
    Following that episode I had a look around and found a really nice 1/4" drive jobbie in Screwfix that starts around 5Nm and came with a calibration certificate. It was easy enough to get hold of a 1/4 - 3/8 adaptor so I could use all the regular tools with it. Spot on for doing camshaft cap bolts and any other M6 threads that need torquing. It cost around £42 but it's worth the peace of mind, and about half the price of a clutch basket for a WR250! 8-)
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

6. Re: Torquw Wrench hire 
    Diamond Member
    I need to check the one I have because It's quite heavy duty and I think it too may only start at 10Nm. I bought it for tightning the axle nut after chain adjustment. I know it's 1/2" drive.

Will have look Alan.

7. Re: Torque Wrench hire 
    Iv have seen some 3/8" Torque wrenchs on Ebay so i have decided to get one from there,It will have to be a 3/8" drive as there isnt a lot of space,and i dont think a 1/2" drive will fit with its socket on,plus most of my sockets are 3/8" anyhow.
    Thanks for all your advice and offers.