Notices

Thread: Taxi driver assaults motorcyclist.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Taxi driver assaults motorcyclist. 
    This thread copied from ukgser.com

A friend of mine was on her way home from work when she came to a junction where a taxi driver had blocked her path. He was setting down his fare and when she asked the driver to refrain from causing an obstruction he became argumentative. She called him a naughty name and his reaction was shocking (see YouTube link).
    The Police arrived and the took him away and issued him with a caution BEFORE coming back to get her statement. She then complained to the licensing council who held a hearing. The result was he was allowed to keep his hackney carriage licence. This incident has upset her greatly (added to the damage caused to the bike that the Police were not interested in). Has anyone got any suggestions what to do next? Justice has not been done.

The licensing council is:

South Gloucestershire Council
    Chief Executive & Corporate Services
    The Council Offices
    Castle Street,
    Thornbury
    Bristol
    BS35 1HF
    Silver Ford Mondeo. Reg. No. LL08 XNK Licence 636

Beware this driver.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-OpBZcXgg0

2. Re: Taxi driver assaults motorcyclist. 
    Thats southmead hospital site entrance, bet he wouldnt have fancied that if it was a bloke the to$$er, will be keeping an eye out for that one >

3. Re: Taxi driver assaults motorcyclist. 
    It may seem a bit obvious, but I would engage the services of a legal expert, no win no fee. It sounds a bit chavy nowadays, but having used this service in a much more difficult situation, it's got to be worth it. Basically, the situation in the video is clear cut and appears to be asault and damage resulting from the action of the driver. In our case once liability was established, it was just a case of agreeing damages. If I remember rightly, it took at least 18 months to settle and we were offered a settlement prior to the court hearing. It didn't take up hardly any of our time and I couldn't care less whether we recieved £50 or £5k, it was a matter of principle. Tell your friend to go for it, the driver will have insurance and is easily indentifiable in the video. Only ever tried to use the NWNF service once and have never considered it since, but well worth it a case such as the incident shown in the video. Good luck.

4. Re: Taxi driver assaults motorcyclist. 
    Banned
    He should be deported

5. Re: Taxi driver assaults motorcyclist. 
    Diamond Member
    I don't think his car insurance would pay anything - there's no contact between the vehicles. I think its more a criminal offense of assault so the CPS would have to prosecute. Where's our resident expert.......

6. Re: Taxi driver assaults motorcyclist. 
    Banned
    He was lucky he picked on a female, imagine if that was your bike led on the floor

7. Re: Taxi driver assaults motorcyclist. 
    that is truly awful, fair play to you tho because i would have lost my rag and done something stupid !!

glad your ok

8. Re: Taxi driver assaults motorcyclist. 
    Good comment about the insurance, I was trying to establish that you should have no trouble identifying the driver. I'm no solicitor, but I believe the employer has a legal obligation to supply the name and adddress of the driver, same principle in the case of speeding fines registered against company car drivers.

9. Re: Taxi driver assaults motorcyclist. 
    Diamond Member
    I would imagine the taxi driver and/or owner would have third party liability cover... that may be an option but firstly the guy needs to be prosecuted in order for anything to happen.

10. Re: Taxi driver assaults motorcyclist. 
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanny
    He was lucky he picked on a female, imagine if that was your bike led on the floor
    he is very lucky....................if that was me id have shoved my boot down his throat and then considered hurting him >