Notices

Thread: All part of rider training

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. All part of rider training 

2. Re: All part of rider training 
    Knob, wish he lost total control when he fish tailed.
    When it's your time to go it's your time, so don't let it catch you.

3. Re: All part of rider training 
    Saw that one earlier, what a prat! >
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

4. Re: All part of rider training 
    Indeed, cant help wondering what the sentence would have been if it had been a bike, 113 in a what, a 60 limit? I remember one case where a biker was followed by an unmarked busa, clocked at 139 and got 12 months in prison Ffs >

5. Re: All part of rider training 
    Quote Originally Posted by wesrrw
    Indeed, cant help wondering what the sentence would have been if it had been a bike, 113 in a what, a 60 limit? I remember one case where a biker was followed by an unmarked busa, clocked at 139 and got 12 months in prison Ffs >
    WHAT 139mph. They barely got out of first.... ;D ;D ;D

6. Re: All part of rider training 
    Apart from jamming on his brakes after the overtake, presumably as he saw the Police car filming him, he didnt actually seem to cause any problem to the bikes, even then I didnt see any of the bikes having to brake.

Would he still be a knob if he'd been a biker overtaking a line of cars and reaching 113 on the overtake???

Not condoning speeding by the way but easy to be judgemental.

7. Re: All part of rider training 
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicky
    Apart from jamming on his brakes after the overtake, presumably as he saw the Police car filming him, he didnt actually seem to cause any problem to the bikes, even then I didnt see any of the bikes having to brake.

Would he still be a knob if he'd been a biker overtaking a line of cars and reaching 113 on the overtake???

I totally agree with you but a bike has more space to manouvre and this driver was also not in control.

8. Re: All part of rider training 
    How does it go? "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone" I believe...

There are a couple of pages of posts about this on the TDR forum, general consensus is that there's no real problem with the passing manoeuvre, his biggest crimes are poor observation, driving a Porsche, and having a personalised plate (that spells COCK - they all do!) How many of you have opened a bike up to pass a line of traffic at speed then? Many of us have, and probably by luck more than judgement we've got away without getting tugged for it. The road was straight, weather good, no oncoming traffic - what would you have done when behind a line of relatively slow moving traffic when you're in or on a fast vehicle?

All those clucking in disapproval and shaking their heads, line up on the left, your sainthood awaits whilst the rest of us head to purgatory...
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

9. Re: All part of rider training 
    Quote Originally Posted by Conehead
    [quote author=Nicky link=1357848949/5#5 date=1357854639]Apart from jamming on his brakes after the overtake, presumably as he saw the Police car filming him, he didnt actually seem to cause any problem to the bikes, even then I didnt see any of the bikes having to brake.

I totally agree with you but a bike has more space to manouvre and this driver was also not in control.
    [/quote]

Yes a bike has more space but does that make overtaking and reaching speeds in excess of the speed limit fair, or acceptable?

And how do you know he wasnt in control?

I suspect the driver panicked seeing the Police filming him and braked heavily - do you honestly think someone on a bike would have been any different?

Again not defending the driver but it really pees me off when some bikers are so darn judgemental.

Me, if I'd been on my bike following a slow line of cars, the road was clear, weather good etc., I know just what I would have done, just like an awful lot on this forum.

If we were all a bit more tolerant on the roads with each other I think we'd have fewer accidents and a much nicer ride/drive. You'd think the average road was a battle field (and that's not just the bomb craters called pot holes )

10. Re: All part of rider training 
    Banned
    To me it show how dangerous speed camera vans are