Notices

Thread: fazer help

1. fazer help 
    I have a 55 plate fazer and I went to ride it today after around 2 weeks of it being sat in the garage due to the poor weather to find it wont start. I get a clicking noise and er_1 come up. From reading online people reckon its[ftp][/ftp] due to water in the connections but I cant say its got wet for months.

Has anyone had this happen to them?

2. Re: fazer help 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by frost_01
    I have a 55 plate fazer and I went to ride it today after around 2 weeks of it being sat in the garage due to the poor weather to find it wont start. I get a clicking noise and er_1 come up. From reading online people reckon its[ftp][/ftp] due to water in the connections but I cant say its got wet for months.

Has anyone had this happen to them?

Yes, happened to me a few times when my 54 reg Fazer was laid up in the garage during the winter months. After ensuring the battery was fully charged, I cleaned the battery lead terminals with a small wire brush and rubbed in some vaseline. Make sure re-connect leads quite fimly. Worked - just bad connections coupled with moisture penetration I suspect.

3. Re: fazer help 
    Failing that, you can use my best friend. Mr WD40. He is very hard working and is tougher that Mr Muscle when doing his work.
    When it's your time to go it's your time, so don't let it catch you.

4. Re: fazer help 
    Probably just battery low. Bump it and see if it starts.

5. Re: fazer help 
    Yes it just sounds like a low battery. I have an Optimate with crocodile clip connections and live in Trowbridge if you would like to try it?

6. Re: fazer help 
    Yep, the battery isn't generating enough power to start the bike, just give it a charge and you should be fine

7. Re: fazer help 
    Cheers all. As I new rider I thought I had tried to bump start the bike without success to be told by a friends at work I wasn't doing it correctly.

The fazer lives!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Re: fazer help 
    Good to hear! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

9. Re: fazer help 
    Tales of bump starting got me thinking as to wot's the hardest bike/situation you've come up against. If I had any idea how to start a poll I would but I'll kick off with my old PE400X, hard enough to kick start, bumping was a mission!

10. Re: fazer help 
    I had to bump an old GP750z on the flat surface every day for ages. That was hard work which i never want to repeat.
    When it's your time to go it's your time, so don't let it catch you.