Notices

Thread: TT short

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. TT short 
    When it's your time to go it's your time, so don't let it catch you.

2. Re: TT short 
    Hmmmm.
    I don't like films like this.
    They're being very liberal with the truth: No speed limits? Some of the most highly enforced speed limits in the UK actually.

Showing Paul Dobbs grave stone followed by Connor Cummins horrific crash to mis-lead the viewer into thinking they've just seen someone killed at the begining.

Concentrating only on the danger/death element is just appealing to the lowest common denominator.
    The film is actually titled 'Death @ the IOM!

3. Re: TT short 
    The above is not quite how I saw the video, not very interesting but not sure about the above comments either.

4. Re: TT short 
    I posted this for the story of the TT not for the death. I have never been to the TT or the Isle of Man so don't know the true or made up parts. I found it interesting as I am very interested in going to the TT one day. Sorry if I offended you by posting it but it is my interest and I wanted to share it. If you don't like it, don't watch it.
    When it's your time to go it's your time, so don't let it catch you.

5. Re: TT short 
    Banned
    Cheers will watch later

6. Re: TT short 
    Started to watch and its always interesting to see how other countries perceive the TT, will watch it all later cheers CH

7. Re: TT short 
    Banned
    I thought that was good
    I really must go

8. Re: TT short 
    I't is a bit sensationalist and misleading in parts, but many parts, especially when the riders & rellys are talking are very true. The riders know the risks and so do their rellys. If your man (or missus) races it's part of who and what they are. If you try to change them then they are not the person you fell in love with. Simple
    The speed limit bit? very tough on limits in built up areas - I have several friends with speeding fines on the island.

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

9. Re: TT short 
    Quote Originally Posted by Conehead
    I posted this for the story of the TT not for the death. I have never been to the TT or the Isle of Man so don't know the true or made up parts. I found it interesting as I am very interested in going to the TT one day. Sorry if I offended you by posting it but it is my interest and I wanted to share it. If you don't like it, don't watch it.
    Well it's a bit late for that as I had to watch it to find out that it was a badly made report on the TT. There are far better films out there that show what the IOM TT is really about.

Feel free to post whatever films you like, but remember this is a forum so you're going to have people giving their views and in my view, this video is not an accurate portrayal of the TT.

I would recommend going to anyone but be warned. Although it is an assault on the senses and something to behold you will meet some of the biggest assh*les on the planet.
    They watch sensationalised videos like the one above and think that they're going to be the baddest thing on the island.
    5 people died last year and every one of them was not showing the track or the locals the respect that they deserve.
    Not only is the loss of life incredibly sad but each death is another nail in the coffin for the TT and you don't realise how much it disrupts the island.

The racers aren't heros. They're just doing what they do and we should feel privleged that we're allowed to watch them do it.

10. Re: TT short 
    Diamond Member
    http://youtu.be/QldZiR9eQ_0

Watch or Buy this DVD give you a better perspective on the TT.