Notices

Thread: Rukka Clothing does anyone use it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Rukka Clothing does anyone use it? 
    Chaps,

I just wondered if anyone on here used Rukka Goretex Clothing and has done heavily whether for a year, 6 months heavy use or just, well since they started riding?

Today my cheap £69.99 Frank Thomas trousers leaked so much I had to justify at work, for the entire afternoon just the reason why my grey trousers were two toned specifically around my crotch.. the jokes poured in!

Anyway, I have always been keen on the look of the Rukka gear and what it offered, now I am in a position to have it as an option, some call it over priced, some call it unjustifiable...I call it both!

I have been looking at the:

Rukka Athos Jacket
    http://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/moto...ent_prod/97292

and the:

Rukka Focus Trousers
    http://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/moto...ent_prod/97361

I ride almost 365 days a year, this past winter caught me out and only managed to ride 361... snow & ice just aren't worth it!

I use my bike for commuting, the weekends and also I have just started taking short breaks and the South and Wales. I am also in the planning of a multi country trip next year after my Spain trip plan fell through because of the other half's new job > I ride a lot, for example this past month I have racked up over 5,300 miles alone... and it just keeps ticking over... my commute is only 500 miles a month...

So, if you use it, know anything about it both GOOD or BAD, please let me know!!

I have searched google a lot, just wanted more information!

I hope this is the right section??

Cheers

Ash 8-)
    '12 NC700X

2. Re: Rukka Clothing does anyone use it? 
    Banned
    I might be wrong but after speaking to a chap in Fowlers about Gore-tex gloves I think Gore-tex guarantee their products for 5 years, so even when the manufactures guarantee on the clothing has run out you're still ok

3. Re: Rukka Clothing does anyone use it? 
    Splash. Fair play to you. Dont beat yourself up about dropping the 4 days though
    "the empty can rattles the most!"

https://www.facebook.com/neil.hudd

4. Re: Rukka Clothing does anyone use it? 
    Thanks Swanny, I have read that the Rukka provide their kit with a standard 5 year warranty which to me sounds fantastic although I've hard of people wearing their kit for 7 years straight and not one problem!

Quote Originally Posted by Nellybambam
    Splash. Fair play to you. Dont beat yourself up about dropping the 4 days though
    Nelly, I'll gain those 4 days back this year
    '12 NC700X

5. Re: Rukka Clothing does anyone use it? 
    Platinum Member
    TOP customer service on the Rukka gear too, if anything should ever go wrong, you will get loan gear whilst yours is off for repair/exchange.

6. Re: Rukka Clothing does anyone use it? 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Advrider
    Thanks Swanny, I have read that the Rukka provide their kit with a standard 5 year warranty which to me sounds fantastic although I've hard of people wearing their kit for 7 years straight and not one problem!

[quote author=Nellybambam link=1343936096/2#2 date=1343943962]Splash. Fair play to you. Dont beat yourself up about dropping the 4 days though
    Nelly, I'll gain those 4 days back this year [/quote]

: 369 days this year : ;D

7. Re: Rukka Clothing does anyone use it? 
    Quote Originally Posted by GixxerStu
    [quote author=Advrider link=1343936096/3#3 date=1343971737]Thanks Swanny, I have read that the Rukka provide their kit with a standard 5 year warranty which to me sounds fantastic although I've hard of people wearing their kit for 7 years straight and not one problem!

[quote author=Nellybambam link=1343936096/2#2 date=1343943962]Splash. Fair play to you. Dont beat yourself up about dropping the 4 days though
    Nelly, I'll gain those 4 days back this year [/quote]

: 369 days this year : ;D [/quote]

;D ;D
    '12 NC700X

8. Re: Rukka Clothing does anyone use it? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch9128
    TOP customer service on the Rukka gear too, if anything should ever go wrong, you will get loan gear whilst yours is off for repair/exchange.
    Thanks Mitch, just got off the phone to Fowlers and the chap said exactly the same thing, I think that's great!! That's what I would expect and want, someone who truly understands that a biker with out a jacket, is... jacket less?

It just all sounds too good to be true! :-?
    '12 NC700X

9. Re: Rukka Clothing does anyone use it? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanny
    I might be wrong but after speaking to a chap in Fowlers about Gore-tex gloves I think Gore-tex guarantee their products for 5 years, so even when the manufactures guarantee on the clothing has run out you're still ok
    Swanny - Gore-Tex has a lifetime guarantee.
    '12 NC700X

10. Re: Rukka Clothing does anyone use it? 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Advrider
    [quote author=Mitch9128 link=1343936096/4#4 date=1343974219]TOP customer service on the Rukka gear too, if anything should ever go wrong, you will get loan gear whilst yours is off for repair/exchange.
    Thanks Mitch, just got off the phone to Fowlers and the chap said exactly the same thing, I think that's great!! That's what I would expect and want, someone who truly understands that a biker with out a jacket, is... jacket less?

It just all sounds too good to be true! :-?[/quote]

Did you ask the guy at Fowlers how many and what size jackets/trousers they keep in stock as loaners?