Notices

Thread: Honda NC700X

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Honda NC700X 
    I'm thinking about going for a Honda NC700X, preferably auto, and as I know there is at least one owner on the forum I would like to hear from anyone with first hand knowledge of the bike.
    Suitability for gentle two up touring, durability of finish, aftermarket pipes are particular areas of interest.
    I might be looking for a bike that covers too many roles but an NC700 might just be the first Honda in my garage since an SS50 and a 240v gennie

2. Re: Honda NC700X 
    It will probably be faster than either of them

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

3. Re: Honda NC700X 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbonnie

BB

Only just :P ;D

4. Re: Honda NC700X 
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbonnie

BB
    Only 'probably'? Oh dear

5. Re: Honda NC700X 
    ss50 and Gennie are about the same horsepower.. I know I had a 4 speed ss50 in 1976!

Pretty sure Splash rides a NC700X... over to you Splash!!
    There's no feelin' like 2 wheelin'

6. Re: Honda NC700X 
    Diamond Member
    Sorry Trev, I wasn’t being very helpful. The Honda did get some very good reviews and in fairness the bike was not designed to compete in the power stakes – it was built with economy, high mpg in mind, hence the low max rpm more akin to a car engine. I think it was referred to as half a Honda Jazz engine in the review I read.

7. Re: Honda NC700X 
    Redken, no problem, not an owner (yet) so won't get all righteous on ya!
    Not expecting it to be quick (I'm lucky enough to have a couple of other bikes to choose from if I want that) but do want it to be engaging and enjoyable. One of my bikes is an MT03, hard to crack a ton on that bike and enough limitations to write a book about but I absolutely love riding it. I'm sort of thinking (hoping!) that an NC could be a replacement for that with most of the fun left in and some of the limitations pushed back.
    I'm old enough and ugly enough not to worry what other think of what I'm riding, wouldn't have a V50 step thru in the stable if that was the case ;D

8. Re: Honda NC700X 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kdxgsxmt
    Redken, no problem, not an owner (yet) so won't get all righteous on ya!
    Not expecting it to be quick (I'm lucky enough to have a couple of other bikes to choose from if I want that) but do want it to be engaging and enjoyable. One of my bikes is an MT03, hard to crack a ton on that bike and enough limitations to write a book about but I absolutely love riding it. I'm sort of thinking (hoping!) that an NC could be a replacement for that with most of the fun left in and some of the limitations pushed back.
    I'm old enough and ugly enough not to worry what other think of what I'm riding, wouldn't have a V50 step thru in the stable if that was the case ;D

As Chris said Trev, Splash is better informed to give you a more in depth view on how it rides. He took his to Scotland on tour last year.

9. Re: Honda NC700X 
    Quote Originally Posted by kdxgsxmt
    I'm thinking about going for a Honda NC700X, preferably auto, and as I know there is at least one owner on the forum I would like to hear from anyone with first hand knowledge of the bike.
    Suitability for gentle two up touring, durability of finish, aftermarket pipes are particular areas of interest.
    I might be looking for a bike that covers too many roles but an NC700 might just be the first Honda in my garage since an SS50 and a 240v gennie
    Hopefully Splash will be along soon but these may also help?

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/bi...-2012-current/

http://www.visordown.com/road-tests-...iew/19622.html

They've got some owners reviews too.

10. Re: Honda NC700X 
    Thanks Nicky very helpful