PDA

View Full Version : OK I'll be the first ..............

Trev
09-12-23, 07:46 PM
Happy Christmas to the few remaining forum inhabitants. Hope to catch up with some of you over the Crimbo break, weather allowing

BB
09-12-23, 11:33 PM
Aha, guessed someone would eventually crack and post something.!

Have a damn fine Crimbo yourself Trev, not many of us left now, maybe we should have a reunion meet?

Last Train
10-12-23, 06:20 PM
Happy Hols Trev, BB et al :)

I?ve not been around much, sorry bout that. A bimble about over the festives sounds good Trev.

?..maybe we should have a reunion meet?

Yep, best we do :)

Trev
11-12-23, 08:56 PM
maybe we should have a reunion meet?

Yup, I'm up for that, how about 27th or 28th Dec, weather allowing?

BB
12-12-23, 09:57 AM
Yup, I'm up for that, how about 27th or 28th Dec, weather allowing?

Either ok by me, any thoughts on where?

Last Train
13-12-23, 09:02 AM
My Beemer is feeling a bit sorry for itself, needs a new battery i think.

But yeah, either day for me too. It’ll be good to escape the grip of Cabin Fever for a bit :cool:

Trev_P
18-12-23, 03:24 PM
Happy Christmas to one and all, looking forward to some (hopefully) great weather in 2024 together with some great ride outs

Trev
18-12-23, 09:23 PM
Either ok by me, any thoughts on where?

I'm happy to head over your way or meet anywhere that suits. I'm just the other side of Fordingbridge but don't mind how far I go within reason.

Suggestions sort of halfway'ish: Sol Bakery & cafe on the A303, used to be the Little Chef for those with long memories

nearer me: Comptoan Abbas if you want to see what Mr Ritchie has done with the gaff, all hipster with decent coffee but often a few bikes there to nose at

nearer you (sorry Rosie, can't recall exactly where you, just know it's up North somewhere ; ) ) Ginger Piggery at Boyton, just of the A36 near teh Hillside cafe, never been there just a goggly search

.................. or any other places you fancy?

Dazr
18-12-23, 09:56 PM
Merry Christmas to all and like Trev P said lets hope for a great spring and some ride outs, just think we are almost at the shortest day of the year.

Scotty
21-12-23, 03:58 PM
Merry Christmas to the last remaining inmates of the forum. Can't really make a meet-up, certainly not on road bikes as they're SORNed now, and due for some workshop time. Chicky's 790 Duke is currently on the bench, we've replaced the leaky thermostat cover - an issue that dates from when they were new. The original part has an oval-section spout that the top rad hose connects to, and this was the source of the drips on the garage floor - it only leaked when cold, and dripped onto the header pipes so it stank when fired up the next time. KTM's replacement part has a new part # and features a round-section spout. Many other manufacturers would have acknowledged this error and issued a recall to have the new part (?46 thank you) fitted FOC....
Another job to do is change the plugs (?47 for two - who else can remember when plugs cost ?3.50 apiece?). After removing the tank it's obvious that a heap more will need removing before being able to get anywhere near the plugs - consulting the KTM Repair Manual only seems to offer the option of doing it with the engine out - a step further than we're really prepared to take at the moment.
I'm probably off-roading with Jaydee next Wednesday, near Portsmouth.
Y'all have a safe and enjoyable holiday now...

Last Train
22-12-23, 12:00 PM
And….
Today is the day of longer days, Yay :)

A Happy New Year to all

Last Train
23-12-23, 03:24 PM
Beemer fixed & MOT’d.
Good to go :cool:

Trev
23-12-23, 06:01 PM
Beemer fixed & MOT’d.
Good to go :cool:

Well done matey, hopefully see you over the Crimbo hols, have a good one

Last Train
24-12-23, 08:05 PM
Thursday looking better the moment..

Trev
26-12-23, 01:10 PM
Thursday looking good for me, been out today for a quiet bimble, surprising how many out walking, cycling, etc over her in the New Forest

Last Train
27-12-23, 01:49 PM
Tomorrow am looks dry.
Fancy the Udder Farm shop Trev ?
10.30 ish ?

BB, you about ?

BB
27-12-23, 09:15 PM
Tomorrow am looks dry.
Fancy the Udder Farm shop Trev ?
10.30 ish ?

BB, you about ?
Hopefully I'll be OK tomorrow. The last couple of days I've had a nerve or something giving me gip in my leg.

BB
28-12-23, 08:56 AM
Not going to make this, the sciatica is still playing up.

Last Train
28-12-23, 09:18 AM
No worries,
Feel better soon :)

Trev
28-12-23, 08:49 PM
Sorry to going to make it come down with Covid and it's hit me pretty bad, been in bed last two days to feeble to get up, proper man flu and it's my birthday tomorrow as well

BB
28-12-23, 10:29 PM
Sorry to going to make it come down with Covid and it's hit me pretty bad, been in bed last two days to feeble to get up, proper man flu and it's my birthday tomorrow as well
Aw, Trev, hope you are feeling better soon. x BB

Last Train
29-12-23, 09:36 AM
Weather looks wet set ad infinitum.
But….
Maybe….
Given half a chance….
Let?s have another go at a catch up :)

Trev
29-12-23, 04:11 PM
That'd be great, I really could do with getting out on two wheels before I forget how to bloomin' ride! Today is the first day since Boxing Day that I've not felt like actual crap, still not eaten anything and feel as weak a kitten but my eyeballs don't hurt and I've almost stopped coughing.

BB
29-12-23, 10:09 PM
Would be good if ut would stop bleeding raining!